Application questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application questions

Thanks to everyone willing to offer advice on this aspect of the hiring process.

Questions:

1. How do you fill out the employer section (supervisor, contact number, etc.) when a business is no longer in business?

2. How do you fill out the employer section when a corporate HR address/contact number is different from the actual place of work?

3. I worked at a few jobs as a part-time student worker at a large university. I do not believe that my supervisors will remember me, as they worked with a large number of students and it has been quite a few years since I worked there. Also, some of these supervisors do not work at the university anymore. Is it appropriate to give the general student-worker HR contact number and person in such a situation?

For the record, I do not have any concerns about past employers offering negative comments about my work performance. I just want to make sure that all the details are covered because I understand the FF hiring process/BI is quite thorough.

Thank you

Originally posted by trainee7 View Post
    Thanks to everyone willing to offer advice on this aspect of the hiring process.

Questions:

1. How do you fill out the employer section (supervisor, contact number, etc.) when a business is no longer in business?

2. How do you fill out the employer section when a corporate HR address/contact number is different from the actual place of work?

3. I worked at a few jobs as a part-time student worker at a large university. I do not believe that my supervisors will remember me, as they worked with a large number of students and it has been quite a few years since I worked there. Also, some of these supervisors do not work at the university anymore. Is it appropriate to give the general student-worker HR contact number and person in such a situation?

For the record, I do not have any concerns about past employers offering negative comments about my work performance. I just want to make sure that all the details are covered because I understand the FF hiring process/BI is quite thorough.

Thank you

I've been in this situation before..

1. I just put the business down anyway and let the B.I. know ahead of time, or write it in the background packet, like a note saying no longer in business, or business closed.

2. I would put down the HR corporate office as that's probably where your records most likely are, but it could be different.

3. I would give the numbers anyway, that way your being honest so if something comes back at least you can say you weren't hiding anything.

hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks

ACfire1,

Your answers to my questions are appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

No work here

I'd jump in and answer your questions...as an ex-background investigator..but ACFire1 is all over it. He is correct.
        Respectfully,
        Jay Dudley
        Retired Fire
        Background Investigator
        IACOJ-Member
        Lifetime Member CSFA
        IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse