Yonkers, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yonkers, NY

I heard that the YFD will be hiring, FINALLY. Anyone know of any truth to this rumor? I'm hoping it comes around soon, at least some information. We've gone so long without a word.

where did ya hear that. i looked on their site but didnt see much about it and couldnt find anything anywhere else. they always have pretty strict residency requirments dont they?

Comment

Yeah, you have to live there to get on. It's pretty much a definite that they won't exhaust the resident list and get to the non-resident.

They gave a test in 2004, but it hasn't generated a list yet because of litigation. Supposedly they have to hire 12 more off the currant list and then bring out the new one.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any new information.

Thanks.

Comment

yonkers

This topic has been dead for a long time, so I thought I'd bring it back around since alot has happened. As we know, there is currently a Probie class in the academy right now, probably in its 6th week or so. Its the first class to go which inlcudes that woman who sued and the other 11 or 12 from the old list. The remaining probies are from the newer list, but there arent that many...it will also prob. be the last class to go in. Alot of ppl have dropped out or were kicked out. Alot of ppl were also caught on faking residency.
        Talk is, they want this to be the only class to go in cause the list from the 2004 test is too old, and they are not happy about the quality of probies they are getting...mostly too old. They might have a new test in 2008 sometime, and they will prob. bring back some more requirements. Also, the city wants to reopen some new firehouses, i think 2, with the latest fire deaths as well as the new developments goin around all over the city.
        This is the gossip, but seems pretty legit.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X