Migraines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines?

I was wondering if anybody knows how migraines may or may not affect getting hired? I am taking meds to suppress them and I normally get 2 or 3 a week that vary in intensity. The meds help me to get through them and I am able to do just about anything. Thoughts?

They wont affect your hiring if you dont mention it......

Comment

Originally posted by b52turkish
      I was wondering if anybody knows how migraines may or may not affect getting hired? I am taking meds to suppress them and I normally get 2 or 3 a week that vary in intensity. The meds help me to get through them and I am able to do just about anything. Thoughts?
      I was/am a migraine suffer. When I was hired, I needed to sign a release so the department medical staff could request my medical records (pre HIPPA), so not telling them was not an option. They required me to have a 3rd party doctor review my headache issues and the different meds I was on. When I was finally offered a job, I was required to sign a form stating I would not take any meds 6 hours prior and/or during my 24 hour shift. It has only been an issue twice in the last couple of years, as I got a med that the fire department medical division approved me to take if needed while at work.

Comment

What type of migraine are you suffering from?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X