No announcement yet.

Portlands Wirtten Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got that letter in the mail last week. I got to start getting in shape for the interview and for the PAT

Comment

Anyone had a chance to head over for the PAT practice sessions?

I went over this week. Great opportunity here for everyone if you take advantage. Ran through all the stations a couple times just to get a feel for everything. Then I did the whole course start to finish....didn't time it, just wanted to run through everything to gauge what I needed to focus on.

Upper body/core strength - good.
      Cardio - good.
      Squats/leg strength - opportunity.

Anyways, training crew was great...very helpful, giving us pointers, walking us through every step, giving encouragement, etc. Even got a chance to climb the aerial. A group of probies were over on the other side of the training facilty going through drills.....was watching them with envy during my 'pitstops.'

Plan to head over at least once a week although I imagine it will start to get a little crowded in '07.

Comment

Like Jwarne did I would recomend going over and practicing the agility if you can. If you are in decent shape you should do fine but since we changed our agility a few years ago it is tougher and since your moving on in the process depends on it practice is a good thing. Good luck all of ya.

Ogomez, send me a PM or an Email and I will let you know who I am , Lt. on B Shift in the North end.
        www.portlandfirefighters.org
        Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

Trying

Nozzleman, I'll be on Monday. I can't email or PM thru your account.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X