No announcement yet.

Portlands Wirtten Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still havent heard. Hopefully it will come in the mail today. Im also taking the TVFR test in feb. See you all there

Comment

Jan. 18th 2007. I got in for the Trainee section.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCougs
        Jan. 18th 2007. I got in for the Trainee section.
        Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you. I cant wait

Comment

Ok, so now I'm really wondering....

I haven't heard of anyone who's failed this written. Either FF/EMT, or Trainee. So, either everyone I know, and everyone on here, just kick *** on written tests, or they're taking a bunch of people to the interviews.....

Comment

Heard yesterday they are taking quite a few to interviews. Few guys at my station are going to be on the boards. Good luck to all of ya.
                www.portlandfirefighters.org
                Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

Do you know how many people per interview are going to be there? Will it be one of us and 4 of you?

Comment

GoCougs, a normal panel for Portland is 3 and 1. Usually two fire bureau personnel and one from somewhere else in the city. Good luck, we are still hiring pretty heavy so these should be pretty decent lists.

Comment

i just got my letter in the mail. I passed and i have an interview on Feb, 20th. maybe there is actually alot of smart guys on this forum. i applied for the FF/EMT position, It seems as if the trainee applicants are going in january and the FF/EMT applicants will be going during Feb.
                      Jason6368
                      Forum Member
                      Last edited by Jason6368; 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know approximately how many trainees they are hiring? I am curious too, as to what the first interview entails. The letter I received states that a resume is not necessary and will not be accepted. Should I expect an interview, or will they just ask questions at the interview regarding past experience?

Thanks for the help,

Ryan

Comment

Interview is a structured set of questions, all applicants get asked the same questions. You can probably count on a diversity question. After that it may be what have you done to prepare? A question about dealing with the public or possibly a dificult co worker etc. If I can think of more I will get it for you.

There are points they want you to hit in answering each question. If you know anyone who has been through our process in the past few years I would talk to them because the questions tend to be similar each time. Most of all be honest.

As far as numbers they are going to hire, depends on what the retirements are projected at. They have been fairly high the past few years and hiring has had trouble keeping up. I think they target about 36 new hires per year. What they tend to do is hire equally off each list, they alternate between the two and hire in groups of 12 now I beleive. I got hired a little over 9 years ago and there are aprox 350 below me on the senority list now so that gives you an idea of the rate we have been hiring lately. Good luck to all of ya it is a great dept to work for.

Comment

I just recieved a letter today saying that 32, 39 and 65. Question 69 A & D are correct answers.

I know its a shot in the dark but does anyone know what the questions were for these?

good luck,
                            Jason Norton

Comment

Originally posted by Jason6368
                              I just recieved a letter today saying that 32, 39 and 65. Question 69 A & D are correct answers.

I know its a shot in the dark but does anyone know what the questions were for these?

good luck,
                              Jason Norton

I got that same letter today and was wondering what it was about. Does anyone know if that affects our score at all?

Comment

It will only improve your score, it can't hurt it.

Although...if someone had happened to get those questions right, it won't help. It will just help those who missed them. So I guess its bad if you had the right answer

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X