No announcement yet.

Non NewYorker FDNY Bubbas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay in midtown. The last test was held on the Lower East Side. you can get anywhere you need to go fairly quickly from midtown. There are several hotels that you should be able to afford. Some have very small rooms for cheap (the sive of a large closet) that are clean. Also Hotel Pennsylvania is central and affordable but the accomodations are not fantastic, but if you're a single guy whose looking to stay cheap its more than acceptable. It's right by the empire state building. Try the belvedere. It's right across the street from 54/4. A very nice hotel, and you can get bargains sometimes. Try hotels.com.

Comment

thank you both, very much. I'll have to check them out. I'll be meeting a friend up there, thats coming in from rochester so I might need a double closet

Comment

Originally posted by AZCadet33
        Alright - I'm in the process of looking for a hotel during the test taking time...where's a good central place to stay? I know I could be anywhere for my written - any suggestions? Oh...yea...one last thing...I can't afford the presidential suite at the waldorf...hahaha.
        If your already a firefighter at home, ask the hotel if they have goverment discounts. Also try one of the Hotel Priceline type websites. I've used hotels.com with good results.

I've stayed in the Days Inn-Midtown several times. The rooms normally are $300 plus a night, but I've never paid more than $120's. It is also across from 54/4's house. Those guys are pretty busy and they get alot of tourists. I would make the walk over to 34/21 at 440 West 38 Street. They are off the beaten path and not as busy. The guys there are a homerun. Remember to take a pie/cake and or some ice cream if you stop in.
        Last edited by 37truck; 12-12-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X