LTFD Indianapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTFD Indianapolis

Anyone going through the process know how many Lawrence Township is hiring and when the list will be finalized??

Hey ffindy215, It was talked about that LTFD would be hiring 4 as of this past summer. Due to the elections and the fact that we will be getting a new trustee in January who knows. Everyone is waiting to see when the new trustee merges LTFD with IFD. I would expect for there to be quite a few changes made after the first of the year. I know that the trustee to be has already taken resumes for the chiefs position. Have you had your oral board yet? Let me know if you have any other questions. I volunteer there and might be able to find out more.

zcam

Comment

Yes, I had my interview with the chief and trustee this past week. The chief said they are getting a list and submitting it to a board soon. Just wondered when they might be hiring and how will I find out my ranking on the list.

Comment

I would be surprised if you ever really know your ranking on the list. As for the board, they are talking about the merit board. That could take some time to get done. I would not expect anything until after the first of the year. Like I said there may be a lot of changes being made, so everything could get put on hold. If you are familiar with the fire service in the Indy area, then you know that there is a lot going on right now with mergers with IFD. I heard the other day that Wayne Township is going to be merged the first of January. Hope you can get in before the merger.

zcam

Comment

Zcam, thanks for the information. Let me know if you hear any more in the weeks to come.

Comment

I recently applied for Wayne Township and just received my notice for a written general apptitude test. does anyone have any specifics or suggestions for studying. the notice said that there are no study periods or materials.

Comment

Tpokoy, I am not sure what to study, but I was curious about the Wayne Township test. I got my postcard yesterday. Is your test date on 12/22 at 6:30pm. Seems like they may be trying to weed out some people with the test being the weekend of Christmas on a Friday night. Just curious if yours is the same.

Comment

Yes, mine is too on the 22nd, i am from out of town so it is about a 5 hour drive down to indy so i am going to drive down friday morning, take the test at 6:30 and stay the night in indianapolis, its such a cool town. i bought a civil service test prep book because the postcard said general apptitude test so that makes me belive it wont be necessarily firefighting questions, more like a act test of sorts

Comment

Any LTFD updates?

Comment

any updates?

Comment

I have not heard anything yet........

Comment

LTFD is getting a new Chief due to politics changing in the Twp. I don't know how it effects the process for you guys, but Law. Twp. just went from red to blue on the map if you know what I mean.

Comment

I noticed Wayne Twp has a new Chief. Is this to do with the politics of merging too?

Comment

Recent elections and new trustees elected. I recently spoke with LTFD's new chief, and those in the process should be getting something in the mail by the end of the month.

Comment

Lawrence Twp., Pike Twp., Perry Twp., Wayne Twp., and maybe Warren Twp., will all get new Chiefs for 2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X