No announcement yet.

Fort Worth Round two, ding ding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if either of yall are testing for Dallas in April?

Comment

I'm not.

I saw your other post. I don't know if you're referring to DFR or not. I have a cousin who's dad and grandad both worked for DFR and another uncle who used to. Dallas, being the more cosmo and liberal of D/FW is pro affirmative action. My cousin, a white guy, got hired on PD because somehow it's about the only way a person of his ethnicity can get on the FD. I don't know and won't assume you're ethnic background but that's just what I've heard from them. About practicing? Heck yeah.. go for it. I took 2 practice tests at other depts before I took FWFD's. At a bigger city, you can probably get away with not scoring high enough to get called back - which is what happend to me at San Antonio.

Comment

ya, thanks for the info, I think i'm going to do it. If you don't get on FW, are you going to stay with your current dept? I hope you get the call! Let me know.

Comment

no, i'm not testing for dallas, not to be demeaning but i like the fort worth side of the metroplex.

Comment

Originally posted by trevolp View Post
            i like the fort worth side of the metroplex.
            Me too. Growing up in FW you'd hear about the D vs. FW rivalry. I guess it comes from that too. Like someone said, "In Dallas they call it sushi. In Fort Worth we call it bait."

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
            ya, thanks for the info, I think i'm going to do it. If you don't get on FW, are you going to stay with your current dept? I hope you get the call! Let me know.
            I'm going to stay here at San Angelo until I get hired in the FW area. This was my first time to test at FW. I didn't expect to even make the cut from the written. But given my success this last go round I'll probably try FW until I get it or get too close to 35yo. I wouldn't mind working for Arlington, or DFW airport either.

Comment

Originally posted by agavegrove View Post
              Me too. Growing up in FW you'd hear about the D vs. FW rivalry. I guess it comes from that too. Like someone said, "In Dallas they call it sushi. In Fort Worth we call it bait."

I'm going to stay here at San Angelo until I get hired in the FW area. This was my first time to test at FW. I didn't expect to even make the cut from the written. But given my success this last go round I'll probably try FW until I get it or get too close to 35yo. I wouldn't mind working for Arlington, or DFW airport either.
              arlington would be nice, and i have a cousin who is high up on irving, that seems to be a pretty good fire department. sounds to me like they take care of their firefighters and work hard which is all i want in an fd that i work for

by the way i am driving myself crazy wondering if i have a job yet cause that means i have to get my but in gear on finding a place to live where i can still have my dog.......and afford it. dang dog.

anyone heard when they are starting the class, i'm kinda hoping for the 2nd of april?
              Last edited by trevolp; 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I called Chief Marshall today, and I was told that "I'm sorry" letters have already been sent out...he has not made any phone calls yet because he is still waiting on admin to tell him the class size. It should be between 20 and 24 and he is hoping to know today or tomorrow and start making calls on friday. The ladder climb is next wed at 8:30, class still scheduled to start April 2.

Comment

i got my call from chief marshal today, finally, my dream job

Comment

Yeeahhh

Me too!! Guess I'll see you Wednesday

Comment

trevolp, did he tell you how many is in the class??????

Comment

congrats!!!! let me know if there are any rumors on the next exam date! Did they actually give a poly test. I never saw a post about it. If so, what was that like? Also, is there any way I could get an email, I know i'm going to have some questions whn the next one comes around! Congrats again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
                          congrats!!!! let me know if there are any rumors on the next exam date! Did they actually give a poly test. I never saw a post about it. If so, what was that like? Also, is there any way I could get an email, I know i'm going to have some questions whn the next one comes around! Congrats again!!!!
                          We met for the first time today as FWFD Class 66. They ended up hiring 28.
                          Chief Marshall said the next test would be October-January. They are also talking about hiring a 3rd class off this current list again. Someone mentioned it starting around August.

I kept some pretty detailed notes over the whole process, just in case I had to go through it a few times. I'd be glad to help you out along the way.

They did the poly between the background investigator and the interview. We had to go to a place in Dallas. It wasn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by agavegrove View Post
                            We met for the first time today as FWFD Class 66. They ended up hiring 28.
                            Chief Marshall said the next test would be October-January. They are also talking about hiring a 3rd class off this current list again. Someone mentioned it starting around August.

I kept some pretty detailed notes over the whole process, just in case I had to go through it a few times. I'd be glad to help you out along the way.

They did the poly between the background investigator and the interview. We had to go to a place in Dallas. It wasn't bad.
                            yeah, polygraph wasn't bad. just don't lie and stay calm if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. everyone knows that they aren't going to hire a saint.

man oh man, i can't wait for april 16th and to get our class started, i'm excited. based out of the handful of guys (and gal) i talked to, i think we have a great class assembled

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X