• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
    did you all get picked up?!
    I'm still in too.

Comment

i'm still in also. still sitting strong at 118 hoping to smoke the interview.

so no third class, that sucks for some.

Comment

Talked to my cousin who was in the first group. He found out that they already called everyone they were going to hire for the first class. He didn't get called He hasn't gotten an official letter yet.

From what he's found out, he didn't sell himself enough in the interview. He answered the question, but could've elaborated more. But he'll be back again.

He also told me that when he gets his official letter, he can go to Chief M and talk to him about what went wrong. Chief will show him the comments the board wrote about him. That's pretty cool to know what you have to work on for next time.

Comment

i would love to know what it says also, so if you wouldnt mind sharing after you find out, that would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
            i would love to know what it says also, so if you wouldnt mind sharing after you find out, that would be great!
            If I hear something I'll post it. I'm up for the board on the 8th so I'll try to talk to him before then.

The first class started today (or was supposed to). I hope it's going well for them. If anybody from any recent classes reads this, I'd be interested in knowing what PT workouts Lt had you do. I think it'd be good preparation to be doing academy workouts beforehand.

Comment

yeah, i'm up for my oral board on the 7th. i've been preparing. i work out every now and then but if i feel good after my interview then it's time to get in gear. good luck to everyone on their boards and congrats to the new class

Comment

Originally posted by trevolp View Post
                yeah, i'm up for my oral board on the 7th. i've been preparing. i work out every now and then but if i feel good after my interview then it's time to get in gear. good luck to everyone on their boards and congrats to the new class
                How did it go?

Comment

well i have to say i don't feel i had a perfect interview or at least by my standards. but i would call it productive and effective. I feel confident that i presented myself well. it wasn't as grueling as i was initially anticipating. good luck to the rest and i hope to see ya'll in academy.

Comment

well i have to say i don't feel i had a perfect interview or at least by my standards. but i would call it productive and effective. I feel confident that i presented myself well. it wasn't as grueling as i was initially anticipating. good luck to the rest and i hope to see ya'll in academy.
                    I know after I answered two of the questions, I came up with a better answer so I was disappointed there. Otherwise I think it went well. I felt like I did better on the background part than the scenarios. You're right: it wasn't as grueling as I was anticipating, either.

Chief told me by 2 weeks after the 28th we'd know. 34 days to go

Comment

yeah, chief said they are looking at pushing it into april, which is good for me cause it gives me more time to finish up my correspondence work for college but i kinda want to start a job.......plus it gives me more time to find a duplex or something that will let me have my dog.

Comment

did they throw any off the wall question at yall? or was it just the common ones?

Comment

nothing off the wall, well.....at least not in my opinion. I personally feel that anything they wanna ask is fair game. after all they have to decide if they like you well enough to work with you for 30 years but they only have an hour and a half or two hours to decide this. so in my opinion whatever they need to know to figure me out is fair (provided it's legal). here is some advice. i feel that on the background questions you should use these chances to support yourself your decisiona and who you are. sell yourself, and sell it well.

Comment

nothing off the wall, well.....at least not in my opinion. I personally feel that anything they wanna ask is fair game. after all they have to decide if they like you well enough to work with you for 30 years but they only have an hour and a half or two hours to decide this. so in my opinion whatever they need to know to figure me out is fair (provided it's legal). here is some advice. i feel that on the background questions you should use these chances to support yourself your decisiona and who you are. sell yourself, and sell it well.
                            If you've done any practice questions and can recall stuff from your background you'll do allright. The rest is just technical: tone of voice, eye contact, etc.

Comment

Last interview done...

Well today was the last day of interviews. Good luck to all as we wait for a call back (or a letter)

Comment

yes, good luck to all. the worst is i had my interview on the 7th and it has been replaying through my head non stop since then, now we have another 10-14 days before phone calls are even made. ahhhh...nerveracking

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X