No announcement yet.

Fort Worth Round two, ding ding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got the eight weeks from the 8 week physical fitness and emt period that is at the beginning of the academy class. i figure that one academy goes through it then the next academy gets rolling. that's why i was guessing 8 weeks.

Comment

Anybody heard anything new? Im taking the next one, I wanted to wait to finish my degree, so decided to hold off. But, I was just wondering how its going for yall.

Comment

We've got the actualy agility test next weekend. They said they're probably hiring 2 classes of 32 and possibly a third class. They also said they would be hiring this many people for the next several years because the city is growoing so rapidly, so that's good news for all of us!

Comment

trevolp, when did you start at OSU? I was there in 03-04 but transfered out to to Tech. All the math and science wasnt my boat, so decided to do PR.

Comment

trevolp,
            What is the program you are doing at OSU? Is it Fire Protection Engineer? Either way, what do you think of the program? Is there a good job outlook for FPE's after graduation? Does it help with getting a firefighting job? What kind of jobs can you get besides firefighter? I am at another university doing mechanical engineering and am considering transferring to OSU to do FPE. Let me know what you think of the program. You can also email me at [email protected]. Thanks for the help.

Mack

Comment

interview news

Interview will consist of 5 people. 1 female engineer, one HR person, and 3 others. I think somewhere in the background meeting the executive deputy chief would be there. Interview consists of 5 scenario questions first and then they go through the background packet. Supposedly it will last 1-1.5 hrs.

The last day for interviews for the first class is Jan 10. My cousin's interview is Jan 2.

Comment

oops didn't mean to put this reply so i edited it
                Last edited by trevolp; 12-19-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agavegrove View Post
                  Interview will consist of 5 people. 1 female engineer, one HR person, and 3 others. I think somewhere in the background meeting the executive deputy chief would be there. Interview consists of 5 scenario questions first and then they go through the background packet. Supposedly it will last 1-1.5 hrs.

The last day for interviews for the first class is Jan 10. My cousin's interview is Jan 2.
                  let me get this straight, the interview is going to last 1 - 1.5 hours. wow. i have my appointment with the background investigator on jan 8 in the processing for class 2 and they told us that the second class is tentatively scheduled for march 5th.

do you have any clue as to what kind of scenario questions they are asking? i don't know if this is against the rules or not, if it is then don't answer me.

i have to start getting in better shape, i did the physical in 4:35 but it still burnt up my legs and i was very dizzy afterwards, i didn't get dizzy until i had been sitting down for a few minutes, then it just hit me. i was sicker than a dog during the practice physical and that sucked bad.

Comment

more stuff....

My cousin had his interview yesterday. He thinks it went okay, but they did hammer him on some stuff.

The interview board consisted of a Capt, 2 possible Lts, a female engineer, and one other guy. He didn't mention any chiefs. Except Chief Marshall, who was just watching.

The first half was scenarios, then he left the room. Once he found out it passed the first part, he went in for the second part which was just pecking over the background.

The Capt said that Chief Marshall will either call him in about 2 weeks or he'll get a letter in 2 weeks. Naturally a phone call is good, letter is bad.

The scenarios were obvious ones: one officer gives you an order and on your way to carry it out you get another order from a superior officer; if you see a fellow FF drinking in the station... basically the same ones you get everywhere else. They ask what do you do about it and what do you hope to accomplish. Personally, I've never heard of the "what do you hope to accomplish" part.

He's still supposed to start Jan 22. He also said he heard that PT in the academy doesn't get hard and heavy until the fire portion of the school which is 2 months into it, after EMT.

Comment

Are there any rumors on when the next test will be? The list expires in June, so maybe July, August, September?

Comment

We haven't heard. All they've been talking about is getting these first two classes hired and the possibility of the third class. In 2005 the test was in August. In 2006 the test was in October. So my guess is late 2007.

Comment

did you all get picked up?!

Comment

I'm still in - interviews start feb 6, class will start march 19. We started with 125 and we're down to 61, still don't know how many they're taking.

Comment

having only 60 kinda makes it obvious for no third class?

Comment

yeah, no 3rd class

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...