LACoFD Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LACoFD Test

Has anyone taken LA County's test? I was wondering how hard it is to score high. Some of my friends took the test last year and said it was more of a personality test than anything.

The test is completely different this year. There is no personality section. It will consist of math, reading, and mechanical aptitude. The test is pass fail, and the oral interview is 100% of your score. So, the written score doesn't matter at all, as long as you pass. Also, this time a CPAT is required at the time of application (this will cut down on the amount of applicants.... in 2005 over 20,000 people tested). The application process opens in january and will stay open (like LA city). The first test is in April, with other testing dates sometime shortly after that. The first academy is going to start around august. The academy, or tower, is 17 weeks long with the first 4 weeks being an intensive EMT program. You must pass their EMT test and national registry to continue on. Probation is one year, usually split between 2 stations. They try to get you on an engine half the time and a truck the other half. Even if you have your medic cert already, you are required to work as just a firefighter the first year. If you aren't a medic but want to be, they will pay your way through school and you will still be on salary, but not working (you are allowed to pick up overtime shifts if you want).

I receieved all of this info from an LA county recruiter. If any of this info is wrong, I'm sorry, but I got it all right from the source! You can probably tell I'm pretty interested in working for LA county! They are actively recruiting this time around, so there should be plenty of info on their website once the app opens. The recruiter also said they will be hiring 200 people over the next two years, maybe more!

Comment

Thanks.....

rbbehemoth,
      Thanks for the info...... Yeah, I was one of those guys that took LACo's test last year..... It frustrated me when the young men in front of me, kept tellin' me how bad they wanted to be FFs (they had purple hair, more metal than I have in my tool box and cursed worse than sailors).
      I was excited to see that a CPAT is required this time. I had a feeling they were gonna change who they were looking for......
      "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X