Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago

Just curious if anyone heard how or when Chicago is gonna start calling for further processing.Im sure we have all heard the rumors and misinformation out there.Hopefully they figure it out before the end of the year.I tried emailing the City of Chicago human resources dept and never got a response.Any info would help.Thanks

Test Results

Ted,
    From what I gathered from all of the other thread's is the city of Chicago doesn't even know what they're gonna do as far as anything further. If your like me you are very anxious about hearing ANYTHING about further testing, but my best advice to you is to try your hardest to just forget about the entire testing process until you hear anything by mail or email. It kind of makes it not as bad. As far as the random number, everybody has their OPINION about how they're gonna pick people. We'll see when it happens. I have a TERRIBLE random number, but I'm not counting myself out yet. Also look to test for other Fire Dept.'s if your not on one your 100% content with. Keep every option open. Good Luck and hopefully you get called.

Bob

Comment

Chicago? A very good music group. Have all their albums and have had them put on CD's so I can hear them in a good clear format!!
      OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
      343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tedski1663
        Just curious if anyone heard how or when Chicago is gonna start calling for further processing.Im sure we have all heard the rumors and misinformation out there.Hopefully they figure it out before the end of the year.I tried emailing the City of Chicago human resources dept and never got a response.Any info would help.Thanks
        Rumors and misinformation? Like rumors you are starting perhaps?

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=85280

Comment

Originally posted by Jay7869
          Rumors and misinformation? Like rumors you are starting perhaps?

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=85280
          Whoa relax.Im just trying to put info out there as I hear it.If you notice I also cleared up that rumor.Thought I was helping and maybe asking what everyone else is hearing.

Comment

anyone heard anything?

Comment

not a thing - except that there is one more class off of 95 starting in Jan. Thats the only rumor I've heard.
              I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

ChicagoFF, I would really like to thank you for being positive and so polite in your response.....Thank you for your prompt reply. That other thread was starting to turn my stomach. I hope we can keep this thread positive and informative. Thanks again! A little note to everyone that reads this thread, lets try and keep this positive and just keep everyone informed on this. Thanks!

Comment

As far as I know they are calling for further processing in the order of your random number.There is of course speculation and it seems to change every couple of days.Now this is what I hear.May or not be true.Someone got a little upset earlier in this thread with me posting information that turned out to be false.I am only posting what I hear from a few ranking officials in the FD and if I find out its false I will post that It was false.Lets keep eachother informed and post it as we hear it.

Comment

Good idea Tedski, I think we def need to keep a positive thread going, we are all anxious and eager, and i think even if it is rumor, its more than what the city is telling us...so to Tim and his hideous set of ears, and the McCaffery brothers, Gentleman........&^%$ you!! Keep it positive brothers and sisters!!

Comment

I would have to guess that if they were going to pull a random number they would've done so by now.From what I hear(again not 100% positive) is that the #'s assigned were done by the last digit of your social security#.The number they pulled was 9.So it went 9,0,1,2 etc.This is recognized by the Supreme court as official way to pick randomly.The city is trying to do this as randomly as possible due to lawsuits and nepitism disputes.If they repicked and all of a sudden 15,000 is # 1 it defeats the purpose of Ernst & Young randomly assigning numbers.If they were to do it that way the City couldve just pulled SS numbers and saved al;ot of money.Hope this helps a little.

Comment

If they pulled the numbers by our ss# starting with 9 that would make sense considering my number is around 2600 and my last digit of my ss# is 0.

Does anyone have a 9 for a last digit ss# and given a randome number lower than 2600?

Comment

Originally posted by gfdtrk1
                          If they pulled the numbers by our ss# starting with 9 that would make sense considering my number is around 2600 and my last digit of my ss# is 0.

Does anyone have a 9 for a last digit ss# and given a randome number lower than 2600?
                          My last digit is 9 and Im around 1500.I have heard a few disputes to this being the method,but everyone I know seems to fit this method.That is why they are emphasizing that if your ssn is incorrect on the results letter you need to call asap.

Comment

My buddy that I went up with is in the low 300's. (ss ends in 9) As soon as he hears somthing, and im sure hell be one of the first, ill let you guys and gals know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecup
                              My buddy that I went up with is in the low 300's. (ss ends in 9) As soon as he hears somthing, and im sure hell be one of the first, ill let you guys and gals know.
                              They are starting at number 1. They drew the social security number of 9 meaing if the last number of your social security is 9 then they do an algorithym using the last 4 digits of your social to give you a number. It's going in order of 9,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. The last class from the '95 list was suppossed to be going in the academy in November. Come February they should be throwing a new class in because the academy is constantly feeding probationary firemen into firehouses. My last number of my social is 9 and my number is in the 30's and I did my investigating I have family in high places in CFD and I am by no means trying to brag I am just sick of people causing so much drama with this list. It is what it is. If you don't feel like believing me and want to go on thinking that it's random then call the city's department of Human Resources it's 312-744-4976..hope that helps everyone out

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X