Education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
    Please go back and read my posting again. I said- "Keep your oral balanced. Show the education blended in with other life experiences and training."

Do not go in and bring up the BA/BS degree on every question. Balance, must have balance.
    Oh no the fact I was finishing up an associates degree was blended with life experiences I understand not to go in thinking because i'm working toward that degree does not make me superior in the hiring process. I'm asking I suppose about bringing up about having more of a willingness to want to learn.

For example would this help or hurt-I was asked how I felt about training and my response was I would be willing to take any type of training necessary because it would benefit me and I was willing to learn new things and anything the department felt I needed to be trained on.

Comment

I am a Paramedic and rode a meatwagon going on 32 yrs. and just retired from a Metropolitan FD. Got my FF 1 when I was 50 yrs old. One class away from my BS in Health Care Admin - Human Resources and you know what? All I want to do is make calls. I've got to go through the same interview process as everybody else. On my application, I'm a Paramedic with a FF1 and may not even mention the BS. The Fire Service is going to full service emergency services. In my career, I've seen it completely reject medical services and alienating EMS crews in the fire halls was a common practice, and unfortunately still is in some places. If you have your education(Paramedic, Fire Science) and your training(FF1, HazMat, etc), find out how the department works. Visit some of the halls, if you have the time. Get a feel of the work environment.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X