The Driving Record Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Driving Record Issue

Iam an aspiring fire fighter that has everything going for me EMT, FF, 4 year degree ect. I have applied to 4 diferant dept. and passed all the test with great results and even felt confident about all my interviews. The only thing that stands between me and the badge as of now is my driving record. I dont feel it is that bad, a couple of speeding tickets, a bunch of seat belt violations and a red light oh and my license was suspended over 3 years ago for one month becouse I didnt pay my ticket on time ok maybe my record is alittle bad. My question is this. I live in Florida if I were to move out of state to apply at another dept. with their state license will they check up on my florida record. Also is their any other way to convince the hiring board that my record is in my past and I am a changed man. If anyone has been in this situation and has moved around it let me know and would it work if I moved to a differant state?

Re:The Driving Record Issue Reply to Thread

They will ask you to furnish certified information regarding your driving record and it is in your best interest to provide it in whole. Most people have some incidents on their driving records; I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as all fines were paid within a reasonable amount of time and you acted in an expeditious manner to adjudicate all infractions, i.e. there were no bench warrants out for you for failing to appear, etc.

They want responsible men and women, not teetotalers.

If you fail to disclose even a simple infraction, it MAY result in automatic removal from the candidate pool; don't take that risk.

Comment

Correct

Notabuff...you dead on. As an ex-background investigator I would ask"Have you ever" had a problem with your driving. The simple answer is yes ....with the following explanation. Do not hide things or change states to allude the problems. Answer correctly and you'll have no problems. Answer incorrectly and you've opened a can of worms.
      Respectfully,
      Jay Dudley, Retired Fire
      Respectfully,
      Jay Dudley
      Retired Fire
      Background Investigator
      IACOJ-Member
      Lifetime Member CSFA
      IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse