North Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Las Vegas

Hi guys does anyone have any information on North Las Vegas. Like when they are going to have another academy or testing any time soon? How many people do they plan on hiring? Please get back to me with any information. Thanks

Justin

They just did a LATERAL and ENTRY LEVEL joint test with LV Fire earlier this year. They hired about 20 or so I think.

Henderson just tested and Clark County is coming up.

Comment

They tested with Las Vegas in Jan 06. They put on one class with two more in 07.

Comment

i was just wondering because im in group three. and trying to see how low on the list they will go before it expires. i appreciate the response calffbou and toddrat

Comment

I tested in January for North Las Vegas and got picked up for the first academy. They hired 12 total and we have about 5 weeks left. They just notified another 50 candidates and are sending them to background for the second academy that will start in March 2007. Our trainers have told us that they are planning on the academy having 20-25 recruits.

There is talk of yet another academy in August 2007. North Las Vegas is growing at such an incredible rate the our department can't keep up. We will be doubling in size over the next 5 years, and are planning on hiring over 150 people.

Last testing cycle (2004) they did end up dropping down to the second group (those who scored 85-89% on the test) so it is possible that they will this testing cycle. Only approx. 250 people went to the oral boards, and many of the top picks have already went Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, or Henderson.

Henderson is testing again in a few months, but they are only taking 500 for the test and I believe the list has already been closed. County is in Feb and they will end up hiring 100-150 over the next two years.

Comment

All of the valley FDs are super places to live.

But...

I have to say, working for Clark County would be awesome. Followed by LV City.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X