Well I took the test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I took the test

I took Portland's test this morning. I was a little surprised about the test and the number of people that showed up for the test. I cant wait to get my scores back to see if I get to move on in the process or not. 3 weeks is going to be a long time

Good luck. How was it broken down? Math, reading comprehension?????
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

Reading comprehension first, then some math, map reading, mechanical knowledge, finished off with conflict mediation.

BC Lepore, I bought your book after a friend of mine (who is a captain in LBFD) told me about it. I work "under" you in the Marine Safety Division of the fire department. Have you guys started the academy yet?

Comment

Hey Cougs & Chief Lepore...been lurking here for awhile, finally decided to register and post.

I also took the Portland test yesterday. The news said that approx 2,500 people showed up for the test (interesting fact: approx 200 women showed...not sure how that ratio stacks up to other depts.)

Felt pretty comfortable with the material....studied Barron's guide for quite awhile. The few questions about driving surprised me....felt like I was taking a drivers test again.

BTW Chief Lepore....I'm about halfway through "Smoke Your Firefighter Interview." Very helpful tool.....hoping that I make it to the next level and put it to good use. Thank you!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X