advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice?

i live in arlington county, va and am thinking of applying for firefighting/emt. my worry is that i don't have the most perfect record in the world. an underage consumption and providing a place for people to drink back in college about 3 years ago. i also have smoked marijuana about 8 months ago but don't plan on doing it again ever because i want a career firefighting. is this all going to be a problem? i've put everything on my application so i won't be dismissed for lying but i'm a bit worried that i may be dismissed based on my past screw ups. my buddy in the cia said that i shouldn't worry too much about it because quite a few people in government jobs don't have perfect records and that honesty is the best policy when filling out the applications. any thoughts or recommendations for my situation?

Originally posted by erwinbell
    i live in arlington county, va and am thinking of applying for firefighting/emt. my worry is that i don't have the most perfect record in the world. an underage consumption and providing a place for people to drink back in college about 3 years ago. i also have smoked marijuana about 8 months ago but don't plan on doing it again ever because i want a career firefighting. is this all going to be a problem? i've put everything on my application so i won't be dismissed for lying but i'm a bit worried that i may be dismissed based on my past screw ups. my buddy in the cia said that i shouldn't worry too much about it because quite a few people in government jobs don't have perfect records and that honesty is the best policy when filling out the applications. any thoughts or recommendations for my situation?
    i think you should follow your dreams. Begin taking fire science classes and volunteer at a fire department or local charity. Turn your life around. I do feel that eight months may be to soon. Time will be your friend. The longer you distance yourself from the situation the better. Hang in there! work hard! Hang around POSITIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X