Fwfd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwfd

The Fort Worth scores are posted now. Does anyone know what number they got to on the list last year?

I believe it was around number 175 or so.

Comment

Maynerd,

Arent you in with austin? Have you heard anything about second class?

Comment

Originally posted by maynerd14
        The Fort Worth scores are posted now. Does anyone know what number they got to on the list last year?
        They had two classes last year right? That's why they got down to 175. Supposedly, they're going to have 2 classes this year. 1-100 are getting processed for the first class. My cousin made it in that group.

#97-100 off of this list made the same grade I did. They made the cut and I'm about 22 placed below them. I drew a bad lotto number. Just goes to show how much difference a good draw can make.

Does anyone know how long it was before they started processing for the second class last year? Are they having a second class at all?

If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by agavegrove
          They had two classes last year right? That's why they got down to 175. Supposedly, they're going to have 2 classes this year. 1-100 are getting processed for the first class. My cousin made it in that group.

#97-100 off of this list made the same grade I did. They made the cut and I'm about 22 placed below them. I drew a bad lotto number. Just goes to show how much difference a good draw can make.

Does anyone know how long it was before they started processing for the second class last year? Are they having a second class at all?

If I find out anything I'll let you know.
          Yes, they had two classes last year. The second class graduates Nov. 10th. I have also heard that they will have two classes this year. I am not sure how long it was before they started processing for the second class last year, but I do know that the first class started around January and the 2nd class started May the 15th . Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

somewhat official info

This is from a Lt @ FWFD:
            "They are supposed to get two classes of 25 or so each. The first class starts Jan 22."

Another individual said:
            "I think I heard they were wanting to classes off that test. We have a couple of new stations to open soon and the first people that went on the drop program are due to begin leaving soon and I think they are taking that into account for hiring."

So if they start processing for the 2nd class once they get the 1st class hired then 2nd class candidates should expect something in mid-Dec or after the new year! ... that's not official, just my speculation.

Comment

Fwfd

I talked to the chief in charge of recruiting and he said the second group should be notified around December 2 or 3, but he wasn't 100% sure. I figure if I haven't heard anything by the first of the year, then I'm probably not getting it this time around. Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Talked to my cousin. He did the orientation this weekend. Here's what they said:

There will be a second class. Some of the first group that doesn't get in the 1st class may get in the second class. Unknown if they're going to call in more candidates to make the second class. They did not give any indication of when the second class was going to be processed or hired. The only date he knows of is his start date of Jan 22. Chief Marshall did say that they were going to be doing more "recruiting" after the first class starts.

As for the hiring process.....
                The PAT burns up your legs. Run bleachers and hills to prepare and you should be allright. There is 2 weeks between orientation and PAT. He's taking it Nov 4. For the first time they're having PAT-prep classes on Tues and Thurs nights that are optional. If you want to attend, you come on those nights and they help you with the PAT. Immediately after the PAT all those who pass will meet for a background check orientation which goes over the background process. Polygraph is held in Dallas for some reason. Oral interview is next. No other info given on that. After the Oral interview they have you come back and climb some ladders and then wear a blacked out mask, crawl through a tunnel with a guide rope. This is to test fear of heights and claustrophobia. Unknown if the ladders are church raised ground ladders, or aerial apparatus. The last stage is a medical physical at Huguley Fitness Center.

Comment

Probably aerial ladder.

Comment

That'd be awesome if it was Truck 14. It's ladder is 135'

Comment

We climbed Truck 1. Most likely a truck with a bucket (1's, 2's, or 8's).

Comment

i'm number 118, should have had much higher but i frankly didn't get to study as much for this test as i wanted to becuase of college. sounds like there is a possibility that they might go past the first 100? anyone have validation on this. i graduate college in may and it would be awesome if i could have a job when i get out.

Comment

trevolp-

They're hiring for two classes of about 25. Not sure, exactly when they're going to start calling back those of us below 100 (I'm 122). Some say as early as December, some say last year they didn't start calling back until after the first class started (which will be 1-22-07). My cousin's in the first group and Chief Marshall said that some of that first 100 may end up in the second class. Last year they went to 175 to make two classes.

I graduated from college before I applied anywhere. I finally got hired where I am now. I wish I had just hired on somewhere asap out of high school. It's a good career. If you have a semester left and they call you in the middle of it, I'd jump all over this job. That's just my $.02

Comment

man i can't quit, my parents would kill me and i personally want my degree for me, i have the rest of my life to fight fire and i have put too much time into a good engineering degree that i had to work hard for to just quit on the last leg. if i don't get hired this round i will take the fire protection engineering job i have been offered, go through medic school and then see what department i can get on. plus i need to finish my bachelors before i can start my masters which is a big goal of mine. but yeah i agree fort worth would be a dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by trevolp
                              man i can't quit, my parents would kill me and i personally want my degree for me, i have the rest of my life to fight fire and i have put too much time into a good engineering degree that i had to work hard for to just quit on the last leg. if i don't get hired this round i will take the fire protection engineering job i have been offered, go through medic school and then see what department i can get on. plus i need to finish my bachelors before i can start my masters which is a big goal of mine. but yeah i agree fort worth would be a dream come true.
                              That's cool. Good luck to you. Maybe you can finish and get hired if they don't start the 2nd class until May. We got a guy in rookie school here who's got a Masters in biology, he tested and got hired. I wasn't trying to sound pushy or nothing.. just my thoughts.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X