I need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help...

I need some advice from those of you that help candidates for a living. I am in the process for a large city Fire Department and I am scheduled to have my background interview on Monday. I live approx 900 miles away and I am scheduled to fly out tomorrow morning for the interview. As part of the application process, I was supposed obtain a Certified Criminal History Record. When I returned home from the CPAT in August, I looked into how to obtain this, I was told that the State handles these requests (Massachusetts). I contacted the office is charge of that and asked what I needed to do. I told the woman on the phone it was for a potential job and that I may need it for a background interview that I was not yet granted. She told me to wait until I got the request for the interview and then send in the form. She told me the longest part of the process ( she explained they handle the request the day they receive it or the next day)was the mail, so be sure I send it to them Overnight or Priority and include a self addressed envelope of the same for it to come back. I sent in the form as instructed and waited. A week later (last Tuesday) I contacted them to explain I have not yet received the report and find out the status. They told me it was scheduled to be done late this week or ealy next. I explained my situation and the person said they would get it done and mail it on Wednesday. On Thursday, no report, I called again, to only find out that it had not been sent yet and was supposedly going out on Thursday. I offered to travel the 60 miles (and traffic) to go and pick it up and they refused saying they do not do walk in service and that is was "in the mail" not to worry. When I did not receive it on Friday, I once again called and they assured me it went out on Thursday. It is Saturday, I leave my house at 0430 tomorrow morning to leave on my flight and have nothing in my hand. The local Police Chief has run a copy of my record (which is completely clean) and will submit a letter on my behalf, as well as a State Rep. will be calling on Monday morning to see if something can be faxed to the Training Academy.

But, after all that, what do I do? My inclination is to go and not give up that easy, but in thier eyes, I did not follow orders and there are another 200 behind me who did so, so see ya later. Help!!!

Did you happen to speak to anyone at the HR office about your situation?
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

FTMPTB15, No I have not contacted HR, but I will send you a PM, I have a question specifically for you

Comment

So I am having difficulty with the concept of PM I will send you an email

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X