who has a membership need help with the jobs link on firehouse.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has a membership need help with the jobs link on firehouse.com

I would like to know what the job posting is in Oregon that closes October 4th. Yes, Im cheap and dont want to subscribe.
    Thanks
    Last edited by pdxfire; 10-03-2006, 10:47 PM.

OR you could buy it yourself. Buy some english classes too so we can actually understand you.
    FFII/EMT-P

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss2
      OR you could buy it yourself. Buy some english classes too so we can actually understand you.
      Let me interpret his post for you -

"I want to know what city the OR [Oregon] job that closes on october 4th. Please post [the] city."

He wants to know what the city is in Oregon that has a job posting that closes on Oct. 4th (tomorrow!!!). At least that's the way I read it!
      Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

yes, that is right. I was in a hurry and I guess Im cheap!!!!!!!!!!
        THank you for not flamming me like mr positive
        Originally posted by FTMPTB15
        Let me interpret his post for you -

"I want to know what city the OR [Oregon] job that closes on october 4th. Please post [the] city."

He wants to know what the city is in Oregon that has a job posting that closes on Oct. 4th (tomorrow!!!). At least that's the way I read it!

Comment

Asking for something that you did not pay for does not show much integrity. Would you disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by BAXTER
            . Would you disagree?
            Last edited by pdxfire; 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

JobID: 18191
              Position: Firefighter Paramedic
              Testing Agency: Klamath Fire Dist #1
              Requirements: 18yrs old; HS/GED; ORDL; Paramedic cert; AS of applied science degree in EMTor equiv; DPSST driver or proof of EVOC; NFPA FFI; Hazmat op cert; current PHTLS, ACLS, PALS certs by hire.
              Salary: $3,909 - $4,800mo+
              Filing Deadline: October 6
              Special Instructions:
              Contact Info: 541-885-2056 Klamath 143 N Broad St, Klamath Falls OR 97601 before 4:30pm
              www.kcfd1.com

That is what I found. No Oct. 4th ending

Comment

The above was listed on firecareers.com, sorry. Here is the one that is listed in firehouse.com

Position Type
                Position Title
                Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
                Firefighter
                Department/Agency

Kingsley Field AFB Fire Dept

Requirements/Overview

Certifications required upon hire:
                Basic EMT Certification from any source: DOD, Pro Board, DPSST, IFSAC, etc.
                Firefighter I.
                DoD Certifications required within 24 months from date of hire.

Please submit copies of certifications with your application:

Firefighter II
                Airport Firefighter
                HAZMAT Awareness
                HAZMAT Operations
                Driver/Operator Pumper
                Driver/Operator ARFF Vehicle
                Driver/Operator Water Tender
                Preferred training and experience includes:

Aircraft crash/rescue qualified by IFSAC (International Fire Services Accreditation Congress) to Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 3E731/51 including the certifications as shown below.
                Firefighter certifications for minimum qualifications, or equivalent certification formulated on the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association's) national consensus professional qualification standards within 24 months from date of hire (unless certifications are delayed due to reasons beyond the incumbent's control).

Following a job offer, meet the minimum qualifications of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 1582, Medical Requirements for Fire Fighters, as determined by a physical examination.

Additional Information

As a condition of employment applicant must:
                Pass a physical agility test.
                Pass a pre-employment drug screening test (following a conditional job offer).
                Work a Modified Detroit schedule (24 hours on/24 hours off for three shifts followed by 4 days off), without regard to weekends or holidays. Employees are subject to on-call in emergency situations.
                Required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
                Required to obtain and maintain a valid military and state driver's license.
                Must maintain medical standards as set forth in NFPA 1582 and be subject to an annual physical.
                You do not need to be a member and will not be required to join the Oregon National Guard to apply for this position.

This is a permanent, full-time position with the Oregon Military Department located in Klamath Falls.

This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.

This position is represented by IAFF Local 3340 (Klamath Falls Airport Fire Fighters Association Inc.)

Duties and Responsibilities
                The person in this position acts as a member of a team under the command of a Lieutenant, Captain, or chief officer in the rescue of personnel, the suppression of fires, rendering of medical assistance, working at the site of accidents, or operating at a hazardous materials incident.

Major duties:

Responds to actual or potential structural/crash fires or emergencies; takes appropriate action at the scene; operates fire fighting or crash rescue vehicles and any equipment carried on those vehicles;
                Maneuvers vehicles/equipment into the most advantageous position taking into consideration other apparatuses and equipment, wind direction, terrain, etc.;
                Utilizes and places into operation all equipment; may perform forcible entries into burning buildings, aerospace or other vehicles, utilizing knowledge of construction features of all aircraft (both civilian and military to include helicopters and various types of transient aircraft) and building construction, locations, hydrants, access routes, electrical and gas shutoffs, sprinkler system shutoffs, occupancies and emergency exits;
                Participates in classroom and practical training; prepares and presents training and practical demonstrations;
                Inspects all fire fighting equipment/vehicles assigned to the department; utilizes working knowledge of when, where and how to properly wear and maintain Personal Protective Equipment; performs first and second echelon maintenance on all assigned equipment and vehicles; cleans, polishes and maintains fire fighting equipment; performs normal housekeeping duties;
                Performs facility inspections, extinguisher maintenance and assists in the maintenance of all water supply systems for fire fighting; assists in the maintenance of fire detection and annunciation systems, and files maintenance, publications maintenance, records and reports preparation, supply activities, etc.
                Participates in a physical fitness program.
                Please review recruitment on Oregon Jobs Page for State of Oregon under announcement LEMT0643 and submit a PD 100. All information must be submitted to the office by October 4, 2006.

Salary

$ 3,179 - $4,561/mo.

Posting Date

2006-09-05

Closing Date

2006-10-04

Job Last Updated

2006-09-07

Job Announcement/More Information Web Site

http://www.oregonjobs.org

Department/County Web Site

http://www.orklam.ang.af.mil