Age Restrictions for Hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Restrictions for Hiring

I'm working on a research assignment regarding maximum age restrictions during the hiring process. I am looking for any information that can either support a manditory age restriction or refute the need for one. Any information or referals to sites that have this information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

Age Restrictions

I was 42 when I entered the fire service. The federal government is the number one organization for age restriction and it is not waiverable. In some municipal fire departments around the US, age of the fire recruit is mandated by the retirement system. I know this because when I ran into this situation, I called HR and inquired about. I know that the majority of deparments in Indiana are like that. I used to have infromation from places that hire like that, but I have discarded it. I have recieved hiring information on request from places that hire in accordance with age. The local University economic and business departments have been helpful also.

Good Luck with your research,

Jax
    Last edited by JAXFF7086; 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the information. I'll give the local HR departments a shot...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X