Evanston. Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanston. Illinois

For those that have been going through the Evanston process: Did you ever have to fill out the application more than one time. I got a letter asking if I was still interested and if so to email them. (I emailed them and they said I was on their list.) The letter also directed me to fill out the application again with updated information. My info hasn't changed. Is that necessary?

absolutely. I tested with evanston in 96 or so. About five years later they informed me that they were combining the remaining applicants from an old list with the new applicants from the current test. There process is a litttle unorthodox for Il. If you want more info contact bob gufstauvson in h.r. It's a great dept with a strong union. they also have loads of people coming up for retirement in the next few years. good luck.

Comment

rmcconn1

leave me an email address, I can probably answer some of your questions.

Comment

do you have to be a resident of evanston to be considered?

Comment

Nope, I believe you are supposed to live within 25 miles of Evanston but I could be wrong.

Comment

That's cool. I just did more research on the city's site. I'm gonna be applying there too.

Comment

The List

For those of you on the B list of Evanston.. They will be calling you for an interview late Oct.

Comment

evanston test

i'm taking the evanston test next month.

anybody know which test they're using?

Comment

Originally posted by jabuan View Post
                  i'm taking the evanston test next month.

anybody know which test they're using?

I'll see you there.

Im not sure what test they're using. Im probational on McHenry, and thats the only place I have applied, so, I don't know too much about the testing process besides what I have learned on here.
                  Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                  IACOJ

Comment

They are still offering jobs to people on the current "B" list. As far as the test goes, its power memorization, you get 2hrs to study and then come back and take the test.

They got over 700 applications so far, probably will hit 800 by the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOS1 View Post
                      As far as the test goes, its power memorization, you get 2hrs to study and then come back and take the test.
                      i gathered that from the information i got. ah well. i'll prepare with whatever materials i currently have.

Originally posted by OlieCan View Post
                      I'll see you there.
                      right on.

Comment

im taking it too, when i got there i was like the 680th person to sign up and that was yesterday at noon. i was really surprised by that many people. see ya at the prep session.

Comment

Thats what happens when there are these tests w/no requirements, you get all these people who get a 4 year degree and then realize that they can make more money being a firefighter, yet they don't have the first clue how to start a saw or better yet a lawnmower....

Comment

Originally posted by AlKalineTrio View Post
                            im taking it too, when i got there i was like the 680th person to sign up and that was yesterday at noon. i was really surprised by that many people. see ya at the prep session.
                            Your User Name is my favorite band, and I presume yours as well.

See also, Lawrence Arms, and Against Me!
                            Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                            IACOJ

Comment

Well I will see you guys Sat morning for the tutorial session as well.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X