Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start

I am about to turn 23 and graduate college. I ahve been giving much thought to becoming a firefighter. Its is something that i think i would do well in and something that I think I would really love. My problem is that i dont really know where to start. Where do i take the tests? What might be the best place to work? (I live in the mountains of North Carolina). As you can see i jsut need some help. Any info. would be great ! thanks!

First off, try stopping into the firehouse in your town/city to see what info. they can give you about that department. They may even direct you towards some departments in your area that are testing. Usually the first step towards becoming a firefighter is filling out an application when available to do so & take a written test. If you pass, then you move on to the physical agility test. If successful, an interview of some sort. If you move on, then you get ranked in a pool of other candidates. Once offered a position, then you have to take a psych. test & medical screening before starting academy. If your local firehouse is of no help, there are many websites out there that post departments that are currently accepting applications such as publicsafetyrecruitment.com, firehire.com, etc. You can even get lucky sometimes by checking dept. websites from around your area to see about employment opportunities they may have. Good luck!

Rick

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X