X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ACfire1
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2006

Agility/Interview question

Hi again all, I have a question, has anyone ever taken an agility test and two days later (pending they pass) got an oral interview? I was just wondering about it because most of the tests I took were agility and then weeks later an oral, so not sure if this is a good sign or their hiring process is very fast? It's about an 8 hour drive, which I'm not complaining about, but wasn't sure if they scheduled it all in one week since I was coming from out of town?
  • CaptBob
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Time/Distance

Some agencies have their orals shortly after their agilities to accomodate those coming from out of town.

Las Vegas has conducted their agility/oral in two days for those out of town candidates.

A candidate called my son Rob trying to get in for a rush coaching session. He said they sprung the oral on me. Turns out he passed his agility for Vegas, was going to his oral the next day, and was calling from his hotel room trying to put the pieces together for his oral which is 100% of the score to get hired.

Rob's told him they didn't spring anything on him. He knew when he turned in his application there could be an oral in his future. Too many candidates call at the last minute when they're caught flat footed when they get the letter or phone call inviting them to their orals. They think Rob is in the basement and we just push a button and the session will start.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
    http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

• boojie32
      Forum Member
      • May 2006

Oakland Fire Dept...

Oakland's testing process was similar as far as your question is concerned. I had a physical agility on a Thursday and scheduled for an interview the following Tuesday. Trust me...all the traveling will be worth it if i'm fortunate enough to get hired!!!
      Best Wishes To All!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...