South Bend, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend, Indiana

Anyone out there have thier interview this week? If so, how'd it go?

I went Monday morning and felt pretty good about it. I was not expecting 10 questions but it was no big deal once I settled in and got into a nice rythem. Do you know how many SBFD will be hiring these next 2 yrs?

Comment

i too had my interview on monday. And i dig that format of interviewing. i used approx 19:40 to answer all the questions.

it was my impression that they will be hiring approx 24-36 over the next two years....all depends on budgeting and how many retire.

does anyone know what kind of turn around we will see on the interview results?
      "Some people train till they get it right, we will train till we can't get it wrong"

Is gaire cabhair de na an doras

Virtete et Valare Luceo Non Uro

Comment

I was told that the letters with the final ranking go out end of September and that phone calls to those entering Academy begin November. Once the candidate gets the call, they go through a drug screen, background check, and pshycological evaluation. I recall someone mentioning that there will two academies this year with 10-12 students per class.

Karl

Comment

The BC at the interview said that they have 25 openings for 07' alone. Hopefully those final rankings will be available shortly. I'm looking forward to finding out where we all stand. Good luck!

Comment

Has anyone heard back with any results from the interviews yet?

Comment

Anxiously waiting for the letter to arrive sometime this week. By the way, I heard from a reputable source that SBFD might be looking for 51 people off this list. So many people in fact that there could be a second process.

Good luck!!

Comment

got my letter today

I got my results today, and throughout this process i have been "cautiously optimistic". I spent countless hours studying and practicing for the written test, twice as long for the interview...and it has paid off as i am completely satisified with my final ranking.

SBFD, according to the letter interviewed 98 applicants, i hope you all did well and i wish you the best of luck in the rest of the process!
                "Some people train till they get it right, we will train till we can't get it wrong"

Comment

I just got my results in the mail today as well. I am also satisfied with the results. All the hard work pays off in the end. With the #'s SBFD will be hiring, the first half of the list will have a great chance of getting on during the duration of this list. I was told that if you are a medic, you will be sitting pretty no matter where you rank overall. Good luck to all.

Comment

Lot's of openings!

I just received my results today and am pleased as well. Congratulations to everyone else who has made it this far!

Now, does anyone know why South Bend has so many projected openings? With even the Batallion Chief mentioning hiring as many as 20-30 each year, it must be legit. But why so many? I'm sure there are retirements, but there can't be that many...after all, it would be atypical for such a large percentage of the department to retire at the same time.

Good luck during the rest of the process!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hewartson47
                      I just received my results today and am pleased as well. Congratulations to everyone else who has made it this far!

Now, does anyone know why South Bend has so many projected openings? With even the Batallion Chief mentioning hiring as many as 20-30 each year, it must be legit. But why so many? I'm sure there are retirements, but there can't be that many...after all, it would be atypical for such a large percentage of the department to retire at the same time.

Good luck during the rest of the process!!
                      Indiana restructured PERS and gave FFs the chance to retire earlier than 20 yrs of service.

Comment

I see....thanks for the info!

Comment

Just to fit in:

I also recieved my letter Friday and was very surprised/pleased to discover my ranking among the remaining candidates. Like the rest of you, I too look forward to the rest of the selection process and hopefully academy in January 07.

Comment

25 openings in 07??

If it is true that SB is going to hire 25 for 07 I wonder if they are going to do an academy with 25 or do two academies with 12/13?

anyone have any info?

also does anyone have any info on the SBFD academy? is it an regional academy or does the city do its own? Length?

Comment

Originally posted by pedalinmedic
                              If it is true that SB is going to hire 25 for 07 I wonder if they are going to do an academy with 25 or do two academies with 12/13?

anyone have any info?

also does anyone have any info on the SBFD academy? is it an regional academy or does the city do its own? Length?
                              I have been told that it would be 12 people per academy. The first three months of academy is light duty class room setting for EMT-B. The last three months is physically demanding FF1. SBFD does its own academy.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X