Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truckmonkey42
    replied
    I think there was around 3500 who applied. Not sure how many sat for the exam. There were two classes off the list. First started with 84 and the second with around 30 or so. Next class should be 30+ I would guess.

Leave a comment:

• TaylorH
    replied
    Hey guys.

How many tested for AFD last round? I'm thinking about applying for this next go round in 08. A bit worried though as this would be my first application to a department, and I imagine there are thousands applying.

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    how's class going fellas? How many did AFD end up hiring and what number did yall get to on the list? Hope class is going well, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kodiac21
    replied
    I was #410 on the list from the test. Now trying to do college before they have another test.

GL guys. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
    congrats MiniMe!!!! That's great!
    Thanks! Good luck to you..

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    congrats MiniMe!!!! That's great!

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Everyone please keep your phones close! I just got a call from AFD and got a job offer. They just approved 30 people for the class. Start date is now April 21. WOW....11 days to quit my job and move to Austin. Crazy....

Leave a comment:

• HonorTheFallen
    replied
    Congrats to all of the people that will make up Class #110... you've worked hard to get where you are. The academy standards are pretty tough, both academically and physically. If you haven't begun preparing it's probably a little late, but either way, if you make it through, you will end in great shape. Cardio will be the key throughout. I could give you the same advice everyone normally does about your nose in the books, but I'm sure you all know that. So, just remember to keep focused... common sense goes miles in the fire service, but if you spend your days on the drill field day-dreaming between rotations, people will notice. Your reputations have started already. Good luck guys/gals!

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    I faxed my job offer declining the job Mon, but apparently they did not receive the fax. I spoke with Kathy Riley on the phone today, so #108 should be getting an offer soon.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
    AFD sent an email today and it said the final number for the class was 21 and as of now they are hiring through #107.

Thanks....

I need 11 more to get the job. Next year......

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    AFD sent an email today and it said the final number for the class was 21 and as of now they are hiring through #107.

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    I got my official job offer through email today. It said the class is scheduled to begin April 16, and then it said that there was still a "possibility" that something could happen due to the request to cancel the class. I can't believe they are still saying that with only 14 days to go. That's not right!!! People need to know something concrete to make plans and arangements for themselves and for their families. That really frustrates me!!!! I never heard a final number.

Leave a comment:

• Killianorama
    replied
    I believe the final number was eighteen.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Did anyone ever get a final number for the class? I know it starts in a couple of weeks and still no news from the website. Did they just stick with the 13?? Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• headsup55
    replied
    by the way, anyone know what the PFT standards are? maybe some guys from class 109 can give some insight.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X