No announcement yet.

Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard about the reason for the last email saying that there is a calling for the cancellation of the next class. That is horrible. The class is set to start in 2 weeks. Alot of the people in the upcoming class have quit their jobs already and are making the move to Austin., Myself included. I resigned so I would have time to make the move and get settled. It stems from an article in the Statesman. I hope that they wont do it this late in the process. The list has been out for almost a year, why couldnt they have said something then. I truly hope that they wont consider doing this with only 2 weeks to start time.

Comment

• Whiplash,

I feel your frustration!!! This is not the news I wanted to hear. I check my mailbox daily with hopes of getting "that" letter. I've put in my resignation at my job as well (not a firefighting job). I ran out and bought a paper when I read the email. It sounds like they are attempting to move forward with the class, but this is a huge concern for me. I want this so bad I almost cannot stand it! Let's hope for the best. Nice to hear from someone in my shoes.

Comment

• AFD Class 110

What did the paper say?
        Do you have a link?

I'm on the hire list too.

Thanks

Comment

• hey our chief said that the class was gonna start on april 16th and would have 18-19 cadets that was about two weeks ago i think

Comment

• not again...

not sure exactly what the problem is with 110 - whether it's size, demographics, or what - but until i hear otherwise, i'm going to prepare to start on april 16th as planned.

would've been nice of them to figure this sh*t out back in january...

Comment

• Good news fellas!!! I got my email about 30 min ago and AFD said they are continuing as planned with the 2nd class starting April 16. The email said they would send out offer letters on April 2. Good luck to all you guys and I'm glad they are going to hire the 2nd class...I've decided to go to Fort Worth Fire, so I'm sure that's good news for the next guy on the list.

Comment

• Maynerd14 are you from amarillo?

Comment

• Congrats guys. Hopefully I'll be a **** ant rookie one day like you guys.

Comment

• Hey maynerd14, when did you decide to go with FW? And have you notified AFD yet? I'm #105, and last Wed I heard that they would only be hiring through #104. I'm just trying to figure out if I will get bumped up, or if you'd previously notified them of your departure.

Thanks, Lucas

Comment

• by the way, anyone know what the PFT standards are? maybe some guys from class 109 can give some insight.

Comment

• Did anyone ever get a final number for the class? I know it starts in a couple of weeks and still no news from the website. Did they just stick with the 13?? Thanks...

Comment

• I believe the final number was eighteen.

Comment

• I got my official job offer through email today. It said the class is scheduled to begin April 16, and then it said that there was still a "possibility" that something could happen due to the request to cancel the class. I can't believe they are still saying that with only 14 days to go. That's not right!!! People need to know something concrete to make plans and arangements for themselves and for their families. That really frustrates me!!!! I never heard a final number.

Comment

• AFD sent an email today and it said the final number for the class was 21 and as of now they are hiring through #107.

Comment

• Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
                                AFD sent an email today and it said the final number for the class was 21 and as of now they are hiring through #107.

Thanks....

I need 11 more to get the job. Next year......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X