No announcement yet.

Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did everyone get their email? I am confused...the 1st part of the email says the same thing has they told us earlier, we are hiring through rank 99, but the last paragraph of the email says "as of this afternoon we plan on hiring through rank 100."

Comment

• Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
      Did everyone get their email? I am confused...the 1st part of the email says the same thing has they told us earlier, we are hiring through rank 99, but the last paragraph of the email says "as of this afternoon we plan on hiring through rank 100."
      I did not receive anything in the mail or an email??? What did yours say?

Comment

• Between 81 and 99 there are probably a few people that have told the city that they would like to be taken off the list for a variety of reasons. And if they in fact did that, I applaud them because if you are for sure not going to take the job you might as well let AFD know. And somebody may have retired recently. Just hang in there.

Comment

• latest update...AFD is now hiring through rank 102. They are emailing ranks through 109, we filled out a background and medical update, and next week we will do a drug test, and then they will mail out job offers. AFD lost a firefighter this morning in an off duty motorcycle accident, and they lost a firefighter about 2 weeks ago as well in an off duty incident, so keep them in your prayers.

Comment

• Class 109 had numbers 1 through 82 in it. Good luck to those of you that will start the academy. I'm one of the "probies" right now, and it's the best job in the world...don't screw it up!

"We can either step up, or screw up."

Comment

• it was actually 1-85 they are gonna start the next list with number 86

Comment

• For somebody that has been through the Austin testing process, what all does it include. What style of written test do they have, what is the format of the physical, do they do interviews, how many, and what format, and do they have a psych? I would like to test with them next time around since I have family in Round Rock and love that area. Also, any ideas on when they will test again? I know that they are getting ready to take another class, but how often do they test? Thanks for all the help. I addition, the same questions for Fort Worth, I also have family there. Thanks and good luck to everyone that is testing and to those about to start the academy.

Mack

Comment

• Originally posted by Mack22 View Post
                  For somebody that has been through the Austin testing process, what all does it include. What style of written test do they have, what is the format of the physical, do they do interviews, how many, and what format, and do they have a psych? I would like to test with them next time around since I have family in Round Rock and love that area. Also, any ideas on when they will test again? I know that they are getting ready to take another class, but how often do they test? Thanks for all the help. I addition, the same questions for Fort Worth, I also have family there. Thanks and good luck to everyone that is testing and to those about to start the academy.

Mack
                  It's a basic Civil Service test. As for the other questions, they can be best answered through AFD website. Good luck!!

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about the next class? Size??? etc.. We should know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Mack, FW is prob testing again b/w Oct and Jan. They've just hired 2 classes, one is 32 and the other 28, off of the last list and possibly even a 3rd class, and they've said they will continue to hire that many people for the next 5 years or so, so it's a great time to try and get on. Civil service written test, agility, background, polygraph, and oral interview.

Comment

• I have heard the next class will be 17 cadets.

Comment

• i heard 18-19 yesterday, i think the start date was april 16 but i could be wrong good luck to anyone gettin in

Comment

• Originally posted by burninalive85 View Post
                            i heard 18-19 yesterday, i think the start date was april 16 but i could be wrong good luck to anyone gettin in
                            The April 16 start date is for the 2nd class (Class 66) of 28. The third class date hasn't been announced.

Comment

• Not Ft. Worth my post was for Austin

Comment

• Austin does start April 16 as well...that's the last I was told anyway.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X