Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HonorTheFallen View Post
    Graduation is Wednesday February the 7th... at 7:00 pm, believe... no idea where. Regardless... we can't wait! The end is near and everyone is ready to dip their hands into the real calls and to get wormed... a lot!

Cool weather was great for live fire... we just finished our aquired structure and flashover... both were alot of fun. One thing the training staff is great at is finding great off-site buildings for us to use. The aquired structure was the hotel on Riverside and 35... it was great! We also used that structure in ventilation, so everyone got MORE than enough hands on time trenching flat roofs and venting arch roofs! I can't say enough about the 'real deal' training at AFD... nowhere else will you find this kind of training, so if you're lucky enough to make into the next class, make the most of it!

Anyhow, we're just about done with our class schedule, so a lot of testing, both written and practical is ahead of us...

Sounds good! I think I'm on duty that day, but I might just take a holiday and run down there. I sure would like to see the graduation. Post up the location when you find out. Thanks and good luck! Be safe...

Comment

Wow, only 2 weeks until graduation! How exciting!!! I heard a rumor tonight that some more cadets were lost during the live fire exercises. Is this true?

Comment

email sent to remaining applicants

This was sent to applicants remaining on the eligibility list:

Class 110 Information

Planning for AFD Academy Class 110 is in progress. We anticipate having additional information on start date and number of cadets in the class within the next two weeks. As additional information becomes available, we will contact you via email and/or regular mail. I know that you all are anxious for information and I appreciate your continued patience in the process.

Class 109 Graduation

The current cadet class (109) is scheduled to graduate very soon. The gradation ceremony will be held from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at the Palmer Events Center in Exhibit Hall 2. The Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704.

Comment

SWEET!!! Planning is in progress, very good news! We've waited a long time, just 2 more weeks and then we'll know.

Comment

Yup, 2 weeks and we're out to the city! Actually, 10 class days, but who's counting? Haven't seen any cadets lost during live fire, but I could have missed it...

There are a lot of rumors about every phase of the class, station assignments, and class 110... bottom line, we don't know the true in's and out's, so I don't have any good info for you guys. I wish you the best of luck in 110 and maybe I can WATCH you do push-ups! lol

If you all need anything, just shout!

See ya at graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by everrever View Post
              This was sent to applicants remaining on the eligibility list:

Class 110 Information

Planning for AFD Academy Class 110 is in progress. We anticipate having additional information on start date and number of cadets in the class within the next two weeks. As additional information becomes available, we will contact you via email and/or regular mail. I know that you all are anxious for information and I appreciate your continued patience in the process.

Class 109 Graduation

The current cadet class (109) is scheduled to graduate very soon. The gradation ceremony will be held from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at the Palmer Events Center in Exhibit Hall 2. The Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704.
              Yah, I got the email and I'm sweatin' it bad. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. I'm on duty the day ya'll graduate, but I'll try to take it off and come watch. Best wishes!!!

Comment

That was only a rumor about the guys gettin dropped during live fire. Sorry for the incorrect info - the class stands at 76 right now.

Comment

Any Ideas or rumors floating about a possible class start date? I know it said April to July, but if anyone can be more specific, it would be appreciated...

Comment

Hopefully we will know for sure in the next 2 weeks but the rumor that I'm hearing still says July.

Comment

hey, new to this forum. To those that are waiting for class #110, I have heard from a "white shirt" that the class probably will start in July and looking at 40 or so cadets. This is the fire dept. so that can change tomorrow, but that's the latest I've heard, nothing concrete. Those that are on the list prepare yourself for a hellacious 6 months. The cadets that are in right now aren't lying. There is a lot expected out of you. It will be the most trying 6 months of your fire career. So prepare mentally and especially physically for the academy, because trust me, we notice those that are prepared. Good luck and class #109 we'll see you in the houses in a few weeks and prepare for another 6 months of "fun"!

Comment

Thank you for the info UpAllNight.

Comment

Originally posted by UpAllNight View Post
                          hey, new to this forum. To those that are waiting for class #110, I have heard from a "white shirt" that the class probably will start in July and looking at 40 or so cadets. This is the fire dept. so that can change tomorrow, but that's the latest I've heard, nothing concrete. Those that are on the list prepare yourself for a hellacious 6 months. The cadets that are in right now aren't lying. There is a lot expected out of you. It will be the most trying 6 months of your fire career. So prepare mentally and especially physically for the academy, because trust me, we notice those that are prepared. Good luck and class #109 we'll see you in the houses in a few weeks and prepare for another 6 months of "fun"!
                          Thanks for the info!

Comment

AFD updated their website today. They put up the FY 2005-06 Annual Report. No mention of class 110 but very interesting reading - check it out.

Comment

Class 109 Graduation

I graduate in class 109 on Wednesday! To all those waiting good luck and hang in there...it took me three years of applying, waiting, and hoping before I finally got in the door. The academy is grueling, but very worth it. The instruction you receive there is top notch, and the training evolutions are second to none! We've heard all the same things you have...April to June timeframe for 110. So, I'm not help there. Whenever it starts be ready to work hard and participate in everything you can...initiative is appreciated and noticed.

Good luck

Comment

Hey Andreos or HonorTheFallen, do yall know what station yall are going to yet?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X