Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maynerd14
    replied
    Hopefully we will know for sure in the next 2 weeks but the rumor that I'm hearing still says July.

Leave a comment:

• whiplash
    replied
    Any Ideas or rumors floating about a possible class start date? I know it said April to July, but if anyone can be more specific, it would be appreciated...

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    That was only a rumor about the guys gettin dropped during live fire. Sorry for the incorrect info - the class stands at 76 right now.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by everrever View Post
    This was sent to applicants remaining on the eligibility list:

Class 110 Information

Planning for AFD Academy Class 110 is in progress. We anticipate having additional information on start date and number of cadets in the class within the next two weeks. As additional information becomes available, we will contact you via email and/or regular mail. I know that you all are anxious for information and I appreciate your continued patience in the process.

Class 109 Graduation

The current cadet class (109) is scheduled to graduate very soon. The gradation ceremony will be held from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at the Palmer Events Center in Exhibit Hall 2. The Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704.
    Yah, I got the email and I'm sweatin' it bad. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. I'm on duty the day ya'll graduate, but I'll try to take it off and come watch. Best wishes!!!

Leave a comment:

• HonorTheFallen
    replied
    Yup, 2 weeks and we're out to the city! Actually, 10 class days, but who's counting? Haven't seen any cadets lost during live fire, but I could have missed it...

There are a lot of rumors about every phase of the class, station assignments, and class 110... bottom line, we don't know the true in's and out's, so I don't have any good info for you guys. I wish you the best of luck in 110 and maybe I can WATCH you do push-ups! lol

If you all need anything, just shout!

See ya at graduation.

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    SWEET!!! Planning is in progress, very good news! We've waited a long time, just 2 more weeks and then we'll know.

Leave a comment:

• everrever
    replied
    email sent to remaining applicants

This was sent to applicants remaining on the eligibility list:

Class 110 Information

Planning for AFD Academy Class 110 is in progress. We anticipate having additional information on start date and number of cadets in the class within the next two weeks. As additional information becomes available, we will contact you via email and/or regular mail. I know that you all are anxious for information and I appreciate your continued patience in the process.

Class 109 Graduation

The current cadet class (109) is scheduled to graduate very soon. The gradation ceremony will be held from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at the Palmer Events Center in Exhibit Hall 2. The Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704.

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    Wow, only 2 weeks until graduation! How exciting!!! I heard a rumor tonight that some more cadets were lost during the live fire exercises. Is this true?

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by HonorTheFallen View Post
    Graduation is Wednesday February the 7th... at 7:00 pm, believe... no idea where. Regardless... we can't wait! The end is near and everyone is ready to dip their hands into the real calls and to get wormed... a lot!

Cool weather was great for live fire... we just finished our aquired structure and flashover... both were alot of fun. One thing the training staff is great at is finding great off-site buildings for us to use. The aquired structure was the hotel on Riverside and 35... it was great! We also used that structure in ventilation, so everyone got MORE than enough hands on time trenching flat roofs and venting arch roofs! I can't say enough about the 'real deal' training at AFD... nowhere else will you find this kind of training, so if you're lucky enough to make into the next class, make the most of it!

Anyhow, we're just about done with our class schedule, so a lot of testing, both written and practical is ahead of us...

Sounds good! I think I'm on duty that day, but I might just take a holiday and run down there. I sure would like to see the graduation. Post up the location when you find out. Thanks and good luck! Be safe...

Leave a comment:

• HonorTheFallen
    replied
    Graduation is Wednesday February the 7th... at 7:00 pm, believe... no idea where. Regardless... we can't wait! The end is near and everyone is ready to dip their hands into the real calls and to get wormed... a lot!

Cool weather was great for live fire... we just finished our aquired structure and flashover... both were alot of fun. One thing the training staff is great at is finding great off-site buildings for us to use. The aquired structure was the hotel on Riverside and 35... it was great! We also used that structure in ventilation, so everyone got MORE than enough hands on time trenching flat roofs and venting arch roofs! I can't say enough about the 'real deal' training at AFD... nowhere else will you find this kind of training, so if you're lucky enough to make into the next class, make the most of it!

Anyhow, we're just about done with our class schedule, so a lot of testing, both written and practical is ahead of us...

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by MiniMe View Post
    Let me know when and were the graduation is going to be. I would like to come watch ya'll. I hope everything is going well and good luck with the rest of the class. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for the next class. lol...
    Bump...

I just got back from a little structure fire and I was thinking about you guys in the class. How is it going? Did ya'll get some time off due to this storm? When is graduation? Nice to have some cool weather for those burn days!!!

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Let me know when and were the graduation is going to be. I would like to come watch ya'll. I hope everything is going well and good luck with the rest of the class. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for the next class. lol...

Leave a comment:

• HonorTheFallen
    replied
    I have a good feelin who you are truckmonkey42 is, but not quite sure... either way I appreciate the compliment and will make sure and finish strong. We've got a good bunch of cadets this class, so the bar is set high for #2.

Ok... I'm gonna go STUDY... take care all

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by truckmonkey42 View Post
    I know who HonorTheFallen is and he is by far one of the most squared away cadets I have seen on the drill field, so I would take what he says and listen very carefully. Of course, he should be studying instead of posting on Firehouse, right?? J/K
    As for the next class, I have been hearing mid-july, so it would be close to the end of the list and then they would still be able to pluck some from the list after they fire a couple or a they resign during the first two weeks. Thats from a pretty reliable source, but you never know.
    And as far as the Paramedic cert, I think it is great for people who are already medics to continue that cert with AFD, but I do not know why someone would want to become a medic once hired. Unless you wanted to work somewhere off duty. To use your medic license in our system, it is a total pain in the rear to get cleared by the medical director. But hey maybe someday we will run ALS Engines. NOT!
    Are you thinking 30+???

Leave a comment:

• truckmonkey42
    replied
    I know who HonorTheFallen is and he is by far one of the most squared away cadets I have seen on the drill field, so I would take what he says and listen very carefully. Of course, he should be studying instead of posting on Firehouse, right?? J/K
    As for the next class, I have been hearing mid-july, so it would be close to the end of the list and then they would still be able to pluck some from the list after they fire a couple or a they resign during the first two weeks. Thats from a pretty reliable source, but you never know.
    And as far as the Paramedic cert, I think it is great for people who are already medics to continue that cert with AFD, but I do not know why someone would want to become a medic once hired. Unless you wanted to work somewhere off duty. To use your medic license in our system, it is a total pain in the rear to get cleared by the medical director. But hey maybe someday we will run ALS Engines. NOT!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X