X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
    Well, it's alot smaller than what everyone expected. I don't know, I'm sittin at 101, so I guess I'll keep prayin.
    WOW! I'm amazed and sad. You have a really good chance I think. I'm a bit to far out I guess. I'm ranked at 118 and needed 32 in the class to get the job. I really can't believe the class is going to be that small. The email makes me think there might still be a chance for some of us??? They make is sound like they are going to still add to the class a bit. I still just can't believe it's so small.......

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    Well, it's alot smaller than what everyone expected. I don't know, I'm sittin at 101, so I guess I'll keep prayin.

Leave a comment:

• everrever
    replied
    New email to applicants...

The following was sent to applicants today:

"I know that everyone is anxiously awaiting an update on the next cadet class and I appreciate your patience in the process.

Preparation and planning for Academy Class 110 is underway. We have a set April 16, 2007 as the start date for Class 110. The Austin Fire Department Executive Team has reviewed several factors to determine the size of Class 110, including, but not limited to the current AFD budget, the current number of vacancies and projected needs of the department.

At this time, Cadet Class 110 will include candidates on the eligibility list through rank number 99. Additional ranks may be included in Class 110 and the final class size (number hired) will be determined by no later than March 30, 2007."

Congratulations and good luck to those that made it, and good luck to the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by whiplash View Post
    Congrats to Class 109. Great Job, and Good luck. Hopefully I'll be with you after the next class.
    BUMP....

Nice work guys!!! Congrats!!

Leave a comment:

• whiplash
    replied
    Congrats to Class 109. Great Job, and Good luck. Hopefully I'll be with you after the next class.

Leave a comment:

• agavegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by burninalive85 View Post
    a few people get to pick stations cause they got awards but for the rest its a lottery and we'll find out when we graduate wednesday
    I know how great it is to get the station/shift of your choice. I hope ya'll get what ya'll want.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Wednesday will be 2 weeks from the email we received! I can't sleep..........

Leave a comment:

• burninalive85
    replied
    a few people get to pick stations cause they got awards but for the rest its a lottery and we'll find out when we graduate wednesday

Leave a comment:

• SeminoleB
    replied
    Congrats to you all. AFD is a great department and you all have or on track for a very coveted position.

A couple of buddies are graduating with you guys on the 7th. Take care of your brothers and yourselves. I wish you all the best. Perhaps I'll be there with you some day.

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    Hey Andreos or HonorTheFallen, do yall know what station yall are going to yet?

Leave a comment:

• andreos
    replied
    Class 109 Graduation

I graduate in class 109 on Wednesday! To all those waiting good luck and hang in there...it took me three years of applying, waiting, and hoping before I finally got in the door. The academy is grueling, but very worth it. The instruction you receive there is top notch, and the training evolutions are second to none! We've heard all the same things you have...April to June timeframe for 110. So, I'm not help there. Whenever it starts be ready to work hard and participate in everything you can...initiative is appreciated and noticed.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    AFD updated their website today. They put up the FY 2005-06 Annual Report. No mention of class 110 but very interesting reading - check it out.

Leave a comment:

• MiniMe
    replied
    Originally posted by UpAllNight View Post
    hey, new to this forum. To those that are waiting for class #110, I have heard from a "white shirt" that the class probably will start in July and looking at 40 or so cadets. This is the fire dept. so that can change tomorrow, but that's the latest I've heard, nothing concrete. Those that are on the list prepare yourself for a hellacious 6 months. The cadets that are in right now aren't lying. There is a lot expected out of you. It will be the most trying 6 months of your fire career. So prepare mentally and especially physically for the academy, because trust me, we notice those that are prepared. Good luck and class #109 we'll see you in the houses in a few weeks and prepare for another 6 months of "fun"!
    Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• maynerd14
    replied
    Thank you for the info UpAllNight.

Leave a comment:

• UpAllNight
    replied
    hey, new to this forum. To those that are waiting for class #110, I have heard from a "white shirt" that the class probably will start in July and looking at 40 or so cadets. This is the fire dept. so that can change tomorrow, but that's the latest I've heard, nothing concrete. Those that are on the list prepare yourself for a hellacious 6 months. The cadets that are in right now aren't lying. There is a lot expected out of you. It will be the most trying 6 months of your fire career. So prepare mentally and especially physically for the academy, because trust me, we notice those that are prepared. Good luck and class #109 we'll see you in the houses in a few weeks and prepare for another 6 months of "fun"!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X