No announcement yet.

Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only one that has deployed to date. There may be others. Although there are some legal questions that need to be answered, AFD believes that the deployed individual will be able to return to a future class upon his return without the need to retest.

Comment

Originally posted by nodirtbags
      There is only one that has deployed to date. There may be others. Although there are some legal questions that need to be answered, AFD believes that the deployed individual will be able to return to a future class upon his return without the need to retest.
      sounds fair...

Comment

I'm not sure as to the edition of the EMT Fundamentals book... I can't find the thing anywhere! Sorry... if I find the book I will update for you.

I do believe the military guys should be allowed to come back, but like nodirtbags said, legality will play a part. Speakin of No Dirt Bags, once you get in, make the academy your life and don't be one of the DBs... instructors have said it before and I'll say it now, your reputation begins the day you step foot on the drill field.

Comment

its the 9th edition of the EMT book

Comment

Yeah but what about the fire book - it's "Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills," right? And is it published by "Jones and Bartlett?" Mine says Jones and Bartlett on the bottom of the spine, and on the front cover it has the IAFF on the bottom left and the NFPA bottom right. Just trying to make sure it's the same book. Thanks

Comment

The book AFD is using has J & B on the lower part of the spine. Hoiwever, it has International Association of Fire Chiefs on the upper left side of the front cover and NFPA on the upper right side of the front cover. AFD is using the 1st edition, copyright 2004.

Comment

How is the class going? Are y'all getting ready to graduate? Any news on a start date other than the April-July time frame that they have given for the second class?

Thanks

Comment

Nice to see a message up top again. I check this place constantly hope to hear anything new (or just anything). Sorry no new info from me. Just waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Killianorama
                    Nice to see a message up top again. I check this place constantly hope to hear anything new (or just anything). Sorry no new info from me. Just waiting!
                    I'll second that!

Comment

Hey guys, What is the deal with all of the immunizations that we have to have? I cant find records of mine...Will they give them to us , or is it our responsibility to get them before we start the academy? Any info is helpful.

Comment

they have been giving us all of our shots we turned our records in so they would know what and what not to give and if not you just get all of them

Comment

Thanks burnalive...I appreciate it...

Comment

Did everyone get their Christmas card in the mail from Freddy Finger? I was so excited to get a letter from the employment office, I have to say I was a little disappointed with it, but at least we got something right! They updated their website today, but no new info for us. The main recruiting page says "Dec. 20, the application period is closed," and their is a short recruitment survey that takes like 20 sec.

Comment

That sucks, I was looking forward to applying with them. I didn't even know that they were accepting applications again. Their website said to check back in spring 2007. Did firehouse even post it on their employment page. I have noticed that it isn't the most reliable employment page. Plus they are still hiring classes from the current list aren't they? Oh well, I guess it is my fault that I wasn't on top of that. Does anyone know about how often they open up for applications? Good luck to everyone.

Mack

Comment

Don't feel bad Mack they were never accepting applications. I'm not sure why they updated their website like that. They took applications back in like Feb for this current list and it's good until July 31, 2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X