Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burninalive85
    its AAOS 9th edition "emergency" and yeah i think it has been approved and even talk of having a third class

Third class??? How would they do that? I don't see it in the financing for this testing cycle. I was under the impression that they might have a hard time filling the 3rd class to 40 people. Were did you here that? That would be great news for some people that thought they might not be getting the job.

Comment

its all just hearsay man i dunno if they will do it or not its just a rumor as of now

Comment

A 3rd class sounds highly unlikely. It would probably have to come off a different hiring list. I will have to look at the contract but I believe the hiring lists are good for one year. The written was on March 25th. That is just my speculation. Now will they give another test around March of so? That would make more sense. Once this first class gets graduated it will make a huge dent in the OT they are paying everyday. And then with the 2nd class we should be close to full staffing. But they will have to have another hiring process soon after so we do not end up in the situation we are in. Especially as long as these hiring processes have been taking.
        Also, burningalive, tell your class to eat their Wheaties because the fire side is much more physical than the EMT class. But way more fun too.

Comment

Burnalive, and TruckMonkey,

Is the second class definitely set for Feb? I have heard rumors that they may move it back to May or August... Which doesnt make sense to me...Let me know if you hear anything or if you hear anything is set in stone.

Comment

dont worry bro i eat my wheaties...yeah hey im just sayin what was said...i heard it only a couple times from a few different people...yeah i dunno about movin it back it sounds to me like they wanna start pretty soon after this one is over

Comment

If you could ask around about the feb start time, I would appreciate it... There are a lot of preps that I have to make.. as Im sure everyone else has too.. Any info is greatly appreciated... I would think that when one is finished the other would start... If you hear anything please let me know.. I hope it is feb... thanks again

Comment

I heard now that it could be moved to either march or august and that there definitely wont be a third class... You heard anything like that? How is the Academy going BurnAlive?

Comment

Class is still going good... less than 4 months left then we'll be gettin' busy! As some have said before, we can report rumors to ya'll, but that's about it... as of right now, March is the anticipated start date for the second class... class 3 is a no go off of this list. I have heard anywhere from 30-40 for the second.

We're done with the emt class, except for the national registry. A quick update on that, if you ARE Texas Department of Health EMT-B, you DO NOT have to take the nat. registry!! Just one more kudo for already being certified. You will have to do the skills tests though.

So far, it's been alot of fun... hard work, but fun! Since EMT is over and fire is starting it will get even better. Anymore questions, just shout

Comment

I appreciate it Honorthefallen... I wish they would be solid with a date...If they would start for sure in March then I could resign in dec and make it through, but if they start in August it changes everything... Im sitting at number 7 right now for the 2nd class. If you hear anything please shoot me an email. or post... I am so excited about starting. I cant wait... If you hear a definite date or possible date, I think everyone is on the edge of their seat for the 2nd class...As always all info is appreciated

Thanks again guys..

Comment

This is not good news! I heard yesterday from a very reliable AFD source that the 2nd class could be pushed back as far as July. He still thought the second class would happen though, they're just really not sure when. Apparently there weren't as many guys retire as they thought were going to so they may not need as many people. They're really toying with our emotions!

Comment

This waiting game is a tough one! It's all I think about! Very excited to say the least. I really hope everything works out for the second class to start in March or soon after. Have any of you all done a "ride out?" I know they sent the form out to do so, with the last letter we got. If so did you find it useful...I know any experience helps.

Comment

Yeah I did a ride out a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome - I really enjoyed it! I would highly recommend you guys do it as well. I was at 18's and that house is awesome! They run their butts off at that station and the guys there are great! I want to ride out again at a diff station just to get a diff look at things if I can get down there again.

Comment

I just want to give kudos to you AFD guys in the academy, and on the floor.
                            It's unbelievably helpful when you're in the hiring process, not knowing what to expect or when. Then someone on the "inside" helps relieve the anxiety and pump you up by feeding you some information. That's brotherhood - helping out those trying to get in.

I'm in both shoes... working somewhere, trying to get hired somewhere else.

Academy and especially EMT are tough. Trust me, it's worth it! Heck, I'm typing this at the fire station. Where else can you work 3 days straight and still want more? (OT is good).

Hopefully I'll get to go through it again within the year back in my hometown.... Cowtown!

Good luck with Austin!

Comment

Originally posted by maynerd14
                              This is not good news! I heard yesterday from a very reliable AFD source that the 2nd class could be pushed back as far as July. He still thought the second class would happen though, they're just really not sure when. Apparently there weren't as many guys retire as they thought were going to so they may not need as many people. They're really toying with our emotions!
                              This is not at all the news I wanted to see.....
                              I hope this is wrong!

Comment

I hope that they have it on schedule also, but as long as it happens I will be alright with it.. Any news on 2nd class proposed date is greatly appreciated......I saw that a cadet was terminated... any news on why? Knot tying?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X