No announcement yet.

Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I faxed my job offer declining the job Mon, but apparently they did not receive the fax. I spoke with Kathy Riley on the phone today, so #108 should be getting an offer soon.

Comment

• Congrats to all of the people that will make up Class #110... you've worked hard to get where you are. The academy standards are pretty tough, both academically and physically. If you haven't begun preparing it's probably a little late, but either way, if you make it through, you will end in great shape. Cardio will be the key throughout. I could give you the same advice everyone normally does about your nose in the books, but I'm sure you all know that. So, just remember to keep focused... common sense goes miles in the fire service, but if you spend your days on the drill field day-dreaming between rotations, people will notice. Your reputations have started already. Good luck guys/gals!

Comment

• Everyone please keep your phones close! I just got a call from AFD and got a job offer. They just approved 30 people for the class. Start date is now April 21. WOW....11 days to quit my job and move to Austin. Crazy....

Comment

• congrats MiniMe!!!! That's great!

Comment

• Originally posted by maynerd14 View Post
            congrats MiniMe!!!! That's great!
            Thanks! Good luck to you..

Comment

• I was #410 on the list from the test. Now trying to do college before they have another test.

GL guys. Stay safe.

Comment

• how's class going fellas? How many did AFD end up hiring and what number did yall get to on the list? Hope class is going well, good luck.

Comment

• Hey guys.

How many tested for AFD last round? I'm thinking about applying for this next go round in 08. A bit worried though as this would be my first application to a department, and I imagine there are thousands applying.

Comment

• I think there was around 3500 who applied. Not sure how many sat for the exam. There were two classes off the list. First started with 84 and the second with around 30 or so. Next class should be 30+ I would guess.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X