Austin Class # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Class # 2

Any news on a possible date for the second academy class for AFD? I am sitting at 92, and they took the first 80 for the first class. Also I would like any information on what to expect during the academy. I appreciate any info.

Whiplash,

I'm guessing you never got a reply to this thread, so I thought I would get it back up top. I'm sitting at 96 right now and have similar questions. The waiting game is tough yet very exciting. Congrats on being number 92. Now let just hope everything works out for the second class! take care

Comment

we finish the 9th of febuary i think...there to number 85 on the list a few people droped that they replaced... good luck

Comment

All is looking well for those of you waiting on the 2nd class. The academy is great, but tough! Very structured. Every minute of the day seems valuable. PT is no joke... they really want you to be in the best shape of your life, so start now... there are those that are struggling. I've never done so many push-ups in my life.

As far as the school, the first week was orientation, paperwork, lectures, and such... the next 4 weeks are EMT school... very tough for those who don't study well, because you are covering so much in so little time. The text is EMERGENCY, which is a lot more detailed than Brady. The 2 weeks following that will be for skills practice and testing. Once EMT is finished we flow right into the fire training until Feb 9.

AFD is on top of there game. We get detailed weekly schedules, so you know what to expect, and the expectations are high. They won't allow slackers to get in the field. It's been a great time though! Good luck all.

Comment

How far do they have you running every day? Why did those people drop? I am very excited about this opportunity. Good luck to you all that are already in, I cant wait to join you...the suspense is killing me...who prints the text, and what is the title?
          Last edited by whiplash; 09-06-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burninalive85
            we finish the 9th of febuary i think...there to number 85 on the list a few people droped that they replaced... good luck
            Did it take 85 people to get to the 80 limit class or is that how many people have failed out??

Thanks...

Comment

Any news on the second class? Hopefully everything is on schedule?

Comment

I'm waiting on the second class as well. I have not heard anything new from AFD officially. However, I have heard second hand that a Lt in training said that the second class has been confirmed and it will start in mid to late feb. Remember that is only hearsay.

Comment

yeah i though i heard that it was approved...they make us do different pt stuff everyday...runs are avg 3-4 miles thats once or twice a week...different pt other days...the book is "Emergency care and transportation of the sick and injured" i suggest getting it and studying it...if you fail so many tests they fire you..no a couple didnt show and a few called in i guess...i would just run run run and read that orange emt book to prepare

Comment

If you hear anything else on a start time let me know......I have to give my current job plenty of notice.. I appreaciate the reply guys.

Comment

Sounds good! So what are those that already have there EMT and FFI doing? Do we have to take all the tests again but not the State test??? Thanks...

Comment

yeah if ur certified you still have to do all the same tests just not the FF state exam and the national reg. if ur an Texas EMT but never took the nat reg then you gotta take it...if you've already taken it then you cant take it again

Comment

Thanks for all the good info. It's nice to have someone that's already in class to talk to. Let us know if or when anyone fails out. I wondering how many are going to make it through the first class. AFD said that about 10% don't make it??? Good luck! You will have not problems if you make this the most important thing. Thanks again...

Comment

Any news if the class has definitely been approved? Also, what edition is the emt book, emergency? Who publishes it. Thanks

Comment

its AAOS 9th edition "emergency" and yeah i think it has been approved and even talk of having a third class

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X