employment history checks(Orlando,FL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employment history checks(Orlando,FL)

when you are going through the hiring process, do they look at every single job you've ever had. Because I cannot remember every job, and the dates of employment. Is there a way to get this information? Or do dept's only look at the ones on the application, and call them?

Ss

Originally posted by dugefresh82
    when you are going through the hiring process, do they look at every single job you've ever had. Because I cannot remember every job, and the dates of employment. Is there a way to get this information? Or do dept's only look at the ones on the application, and call them?
    Many agencies pull your social security records that show you worked for someone during a specific period of time. Background records and also show when a previous employer did a search on your background.

It's not uncommon for candidates to come up short when they've have many employers. Do the best job you can and express that to the BI investigator. If you were fired or left on not the best of circumstances don't lie. Chances are they would be found and you would be eliminated from the process. Come straight up and reveal what happened and what you learned to prevent it from happening again.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
    http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

The background investigator will find every job and speak to every employer. Here’s a rule of thumb to keep in mind. The harder you make it on the BI, the more frustrating it is for him or her to do a complete background on you. Remember the BI will make a recommendation to the fire chief on whether or not you should be hired. If he feels like you are “hiding” something the BI will dig much deeper.

One thing of concern from the above post is the impression that you have to be honest because they will find out and you will be disqualified. Actually, the reason you tell the truth is because it’s the right thing to do.

You are expected to have information on your previous employers. Any holes in your packet make it more challenging for the BI. As I mentioned earlier, you do not want to frustrate someone who has your future in his hands.

For those of you reading this post, take note and keep accurate records. You will need them one day.

Paul Lepore
      Battalion Chief
      www.aspiringfirefighters.com
      Paul Lepore
      Battalion Chief
      www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

Keep a copy on your computer/flashdrive or whatever means you have. Also keep a hardcopy of it all in case those fail.
        Make copies of what you turn in as well.

Just turned in a packet where in the employment history it asked for FAX number and not the business line. That was fun hunting all those down. Believe me, I've got copies of those now.

BTW, you can go to the SS Office and request a copy as well. ($25?)

Good luck,
        bam
        Last edited by ffbam24; 08-22-2006, 01:59 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X