LAFD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAFD question

I got a letter back from LAFD a few days ago, and they scheduled me for an exam next Saturday. Unfortunately, I start the fire I & II class that day in Phoenix . . . . family/friend orientation and such on the first day. Has anyone had experience rescheduling exams? I really don't want to miss the first day of my class, as it is really important to me - I know that LAFD said they would reschedule under specific circumstances, but I figured I'd ask around first to see if anyone has tried. So, has anyone tried? It's going to be another 2 years before I can apply again if I miss that exam. .. . .

Thanks
    Kyle

I am not sure what the Fire 1 and 3 is but I do know if you do well on the LA City test you have a good chance of getting hired. Don't quote me on the numbers but I believe they are scheduled to hire roughly 750 firefighters in the next couple of years.
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

Originally posted by BCLepore
      I am not sure what the Fire 1 and 3 is but I do know if you do well on the LA City test you have a good chance of getting hired. Don't quote me on the numbers but I believe they are scheduled to hire roughly 750 firefighters in the next couple of years.
      Thanks, Chief Lepore. I guess I'm going to have to call LA to see if I can get rescheduled on Monday. If not, I may have to skip my class.
      The Fire I and II is just the "fire academy" through the local community college here in Phoenix. The first day of class is the same day I am scheduled to take the test in LA.

Comment

Now I understand. The terminology is just a little different.

Here's your dilemma. Yow attend the fire academy to make yourself more marketable to a fire department. You have an opportunity to earn a badge with LAFD, but have a scheduling conflict. Both are extremely important.

Good luck with your decision.
        Paul Lepore
        Battalion Chief
        www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader