• Show
Clear All

• SPARKYMN
    replied
    Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• wakehead
    replied
    after the DRCOG test Depts that are intrested in you will send letters to begin thair testing.....Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• danielmarze
    replied
    how does drcog work

i am an 8 yr vet shreveport fire dept.
    FF I ,II
    PARAMEDIC
    HAZMAT
    FIRE INSTRUCTOR 1,11
    DIVER

DO dept request info on candidates or do we send letters to them.
    any help would be great

Leave a comment:

• SPARKYMN
    replied
    DRCOG Questions

I just recevied my score so any advice to what I do next, or do I just start sending out letters to the different deparments.
    Thanks for any info.

Leave a comment:

• wakehead
    replied
    Luke drop me an e-mail [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• firerookie0120
    replied
    Wakehead, how did you end up with Longmont? I met you at the physical and the oral board. Good luck with everything.

Leave a comment:

• wakehead
    replied
    strangewine how did you do? where did you place so far??

Leave a comment:

• wakehead
    replied
    where did you get that info? I havent heard anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• strangewine
    replied
    How did everyone do?

Just checking in to see how everyone did with North Metro. Looks like they have a hiring list of 26 and are starting an academy in January for 14 or 15 followed by another academy in July for 6 or 7.

Leave a comment:

• wakehead
    replied
    Hey strangewine,
    Good Luck! see you there in Oct for Chiefs Interview!

Leave a comment:

• strangewine
    replied
    Drcog

No EMT questions, some math, lots of psych, fair bit of writting and grammer.

All in all not too bad. My advice is to be honest, be yourself and don't try to out think the exam.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• SPARKYMN
    replied
    drcog

I'm taking the test this oct. any pointers; eg. is there alot of emt questions, or math or is it general and how many questions. thanks alot.

Leave a comment:

• strangewine
    replied
    I scored and 88 on the August DRCOG and have progressed to the Chief's Interview with North Metro. This is the first time I've ever tested (I started with the August DRCOG). Any advice on how to prepare for whats ahead would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like they'll be hiring 21 from our remaining list of 36.

Leave a comment:

• ChanEGFD
    replied
    Thanks FireTacoma. I have EMT-B, IV, and am continuing to work towards P-school. I figured the next step I'd take would be the FFI at Red Rocks. I've been a volunteer for years, but the academy is/was very basic.

Leave a comment:

• Firetacoma1
    replied
    Originally posted by ChanEGFD
    From what I've gathered there are a number of departments that are pulling from the DRCOG test results this fall. I'm hoping an 89 will at least get me some face time with a department. A large number of the departments on the DRCOG list require a FF1 cert. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to take the class at? Because I live in the mountains and work a full time job, I'm kind of limited as to the days/times I can attend. I was looking at Red Rocks CC during the fall semester. Yay, nay?

Matt
    I got my FF1 at redrocks. I had a great time. It's a serious program unlike some of them out there... what that means is you have to work hard and not everyone gets their cert.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X