Anyone else apply for Atlanta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else apply for Atlanta?

Hey guys.. did anyone else put in an application with the city of Atlanta Fire/Rescue? I know the deadline is up so thought I'd ask. Does anyone know how their hiring process typically goes, or how long you wait to hear about testing?
    Georgia Firefighter

I know a guy that was thinking about applying this year. I'll see what I can find out from him, he's from ATL.
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

I applied to Atlanta as well (I live in ATL). According to the recruitment staff, there will be an orientation on August 18th (though the lady said there were still hundreds of applications waiting to be entered into the system so that could be cutting it). The process, they said, could last as long as a year and a half. Folks who applied in January just took the CPAT, and then you got the poly, psych, and all that other jazz. Let me know if you have any more questions. And good luck!

Comment

alboyfsu- thanks for the info man.. i understand the huge wait for sure. do you know how many are applying, or usually apply, and how many typically get hired after everything?
        Georgia Firefighter

Comment

I imagine several hundred people applied. The lady I spoke with said she still had three big USPS boxes full of applications left to enter on top of te 200 or so she already had taken care of. But there are a lot of better paying metro departments (Cobb, Gwinnett, etc.), so there could be guys who have their applicatons in with them as well. Outlying county governments usually move a lot faster than the City of Atlanta. As far as how many they'll accept, that's harder to tell. You're gonna have guys fail the written, CPAT, psych, etc. My advice is to call recruitment and straight up ask; they were more than willing to chat me up when I asked. You live in the area dude?

Comment

alboyfsu- appreciate the info again man. no, i live in south georgia but looking to relocate to north Georgia. I have apps in with Gwinnett and Cobb as well but I turned them in a while ago, and was just notified of the testing on the 18th with Cobb and hadn't heard anything from Gwinnett yet. Have you applied to any of them before? Ok, I'll give recruitment a call and find out.
            Georgia Firefighter

Comment

I'll be taking the Cobb exam on the evening of the 18th. Cobb is a great department, and basically a great county to work for. They take care of their folks. I also have the written with Symrna on the 12th. Where abouts in S. Ga.? I used to work in Thomasville. Later!

Comment

Originally posted by alboyfsu
                I'll be taking the Cobb exam on the evening of the 18th. Cobb is a great department, and basically a great county to work for. They take care of their folks. I also have the written with Symrna on the 12th. Where abouts in S. Ga.? I used to work in Thomasville. Later!

Are you taking the 1800 Cobb exam?
                I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

alboyfsu- Im scheduled for the 9 am test on Friday. I downloaded the written test study guide from the email they sent out. I hope Cobb's written test isn't like the College Park one last year. Did you take that one?
                  Georgia Firefighter

Comment

Nope, this is my first time aruond with everything...BIG career change for me...

Comment

My nephew has decided to follow into my foot steps and become a firefighter. He is moving to the Mobile area. He has a college degree, but no experience.

What departments would you reccommend in the Mobile area?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X