Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clincher
    replied
    Got my letter today the academy starts March, 19th. I also got fitted for my uniforms today. I am so ready.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot151
    replied
    Did anyone here have to go through the appeal process?

Leave a comment:

• clincher
    replied
    congratulations

Thank you, and conratulations as well. See ya.

Leave a comment:

• belliot6
    replied
    Thanks for all the info jonathanj003!

I received my letter saying I passed everything right before Christmas! It helped make my Christmas.

Congrats clincher! Guess I will see you in acadamy.

Good luck to the rest.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanj003
    replied
    Here's the scoop:
    30 candidates were selected and contacted. 15 'alternates' were on the alternate list--however the alternates were also contacted due to the need for a larger class--for a total of 45 possible candidate to be admitted into the class. As of Jan. 1, there were 13 confirmed (meaning passed, physical, polygraph, background, and ****-test), and 7 that have failed out (meaning they failed one of the above). The other 25 have not been processed and the backgrounds--usually the longest--have not been done. The last workshop was this week (Jan 2nd), so it is still going to be a few months from starting. Your best bet is that you guys will be starting sometime in March--probably towards the middle.

Also, rumor is that the city will double it's application period this year to two months now (Feb-March) instead of just one as has always been done (May). The city needs more people and the idea is to run this class through and while it is in session have another list in place to put another class in later this year.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• clincher
    replied
    I got my letter today I passed the background. Now I guess I just wait for the academy to start. Good luck to everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• belliot6
    replied
    When I emailed civil service this is what I got back.

"We conducted our first background panel last week, but unfortunately due to the Holidays, the rest of the backgrounds will not be done until mid-January. I would expect the Fire Academy to get started around March 1st in order to give applicants 2 weeks notice, but nothing has been firmly set.... You should receive information once your background has been passed or if you have been asked to come in and appeal."

I don't know if this all applications or alternates. It is hard to wait so long.

Leave a comment:

• clincher
    replied
    The background committee met last week according to the civil service rep. So we should here something this week or next, unless you where an alternate.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot151
    replied
    I called and spoke with the Chiefs office last week,and they said the background review panel still had to meet, and all 3 reference letters (The 3 references you listed on your personal history) must be filled out and received by the Chiefs office before this can begin.The panel is planning on meeting in the next two weeks, If anyone hears anything else concerning the process, It would be great if they could post it here, I know everyone is probably excited about the academy starting, we have all waited a long time for this.

Leave a comment:

• clincher
    replied
    Anyone have any news on the Academy starting? I talked to the civil service rep. and he said that they may wait till after new year.

Leave a comment:

• belliot6
    replied
    There were some folks from the alternates list. I'am not sure if maybe we were all on the alt. list, but I was never told I was an alternate.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot151
    replied
    Was the workshop with 8 people alternates?

Leave a comment:

• belliot6
    replied
    I had my meeting on the 6th. There were 8 people in the meeting. They told us mostly the same stuff; although no one from the fire department was there. It was only HR. I think that the polygraph exams are scheduled through the last week of October. We were not told when we would here anything about offers of employments or starting dates.

Leave a comment:

• clincher
    replied
    yeah thats when mine was with 35 I thought you said earlier you went on the sixth.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot151
    replied
    There were 35 at the workshop I attended, it was on Oct 3 They told me the same thing about two week notice

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X