No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know how long it takes to get schedule for a poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by tiller1 View Post
      Do you know how long it takes to get schedule for a poly?
      Depends on how many they need to get through. I had my medical back in February, didn't get my poly until the end of July.

Comment

• I got my letter of completion Saturday. Now the real waiting begins....

Comment

• Hey just wondering if anybody on this thread is in the academy right now. Just wondering how it is and what it's like there

Comment

• The current academy is just finishing EMS training and is about to start suppression school. The academy is deifferent than years past with a new basic training staff. They do PT 5 days a week. As long as you are in decent shape you will be fine.

Comment

• Ok thanks and another quick question if you have ur national registry EMT can u pretty much skip the EMS portion and not have to test

Comment

• Nope, you still have to take all of the exams and pass everything. You will not sit for the national registry test obviously.

Comment

• ^^ That is if your an EMT basic.

Comment

• Ok thanks for the info

Comment

• hey everyone. new to this thread, alot of great information here. to those who completed everything and now waiting, how long after you finished you final step did you receive your completion letter? Thanks guys!

for those interested I am an NREMT-P and here is my timeline:

7/715 Written
                      9/12/15 CPAT
                      10/16/15 Medical
                      11/2/15 Psych
                      12/7/15 Polygraph

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Duck View Post
                        hey everyone. new to this thread, alot of great information here. to those who completed everything and now waiting, how long after you finished you final step did you receive your completion letter? Thanks guys!

7/715 Written
                        9/12/15 CPAT
                        10/16/15 Medical
                        11/2/15 Psych
                        12/7/15 Polygraph
                        I got mine about 2 weeks after the final step, which at was the end of August. And I still have 7 months left till I get my paramedic.
                        Last edited by Co5volunteer; 12-03-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Duck View Post
                          hey everyone. new to this thread, alot of great information here. to those who completed everything and now waiting, how long after you finished you final step did you receive your completion letter? Thanks guys!

7/715 Written
                          9/12/15 CPAT
                          10/16/15 Medical
                          11/2/15 Psych
                          12/7/15 Polygraph
                          I got my completion letter roughly 2 weeks after my Psych and I did my Psych in late October, early November

Comment

• Has anyone that's gotten their completion letter heard anything yet????

Comment

• hey guys thanks for your replies. Had my polygraph today, went well for the most part. but it sounds like ill have to come back for another one at a later date. its very likely I am out of the running for the February class. good luck to all of those waiting on THE CALL.

Comment

• How long after medical should I expect to see my classification?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X