No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info and fairfax county always has the fire medic position open for applications year round. They open it up for FF/EMT's four times a year I believe

Comment

• Letter

I received my letter of completion for the process...I am just waiting for the hiring to take place for February now.... fingers crossed!

Comment

• You and me both brother congratulations

Comment

• Originally posted by txfire321 View Post
          I received my letter of completion for the process...I am just waiting for the hiring to take place for February now.... fingers crossed!
          Same here. Anyone know how far out they start making calls?

Comment

• From what I saw on the thread from when they were putting together the September class usually they start calling a month out and I've heard they even still call people the day before the class starts

Comment

• Originally posted by Co5volunteer View Post
              Same here. Anyone know how far out they start making calls?
              Anywhere from 6 weeks out up until the day before recruit school starts.

I'm hearing February start date with a size of 50. Rumors are rumors though.

Comment

• I was looking at the pay scale...can anyone explain the pay scale....from the job announcement, the pay doesn't match up with any of the pay grades. $59,239.02 - $87,525.36 Annually is what the job announcement has it at. No pay grade on the F plan (which the county says is for uniformed fire and rescue) is right.....Also once a promotion occurs, how many grades do you jump up? If there is anyone who can explain this that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Comment

• Also waiting for the call! Got the completion letter last week.

If offered the job, I would be moving from Ohio with a wife and two kids. Anyone have any insight on good places to live initially?? Doesn't matter apartment or house or whatever. Just would need a place to live for I'm assuming at least the first year until we get to know the area and what places would be best for us to live long term.
                  Any advice would be much appreciated.
                  Last edited by jscheutz41; 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jscheutz41 View Post
                    Also waiting for the call! Got the completion letter last week.

If offered the job, I would be moving from Ohio with a wife and two kids. Anyone have any insight on good places to live initially?? Doesn't matter apartment or house or whatever. Just would need a place to live for I'm assuming at least the first year until we get to know the area and what places would be best for us to live long term.
                    Any advice would be much appreciated.
                    Send me a private message I moved here from Ohio as well. I can answer any questions for you.

Comment

• Is there any kind of method to how an applicant is chosen? i.e are older files reviewed first, or is everyone grouped in the same pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by Co5volunteer View Post
                        Is there any kind of method to how an applicant is chosen? i.e are older files reviewed first, or is everyone grouped in the same pool?
                        Nobody knows what the exact process is on the selections. That is kept quiet between recruitment.

Comment

• The only thing I've heard is that they weigh it on medic needs veteran status college education and if your mutilinguel

Comment

• About how long after the psych profile did you get your letter of completion?

Will I get some kind of notification letting me know how my psych went or will it just be the letter of completion?

Comment

• Originally posted by SACTMD View Post
                              About how long after the psych profile did you get your letter of completion?

Will I get some kind of notification letting me know how my psych went or will it just be the letter of completion?
                              I finished everything mid august, and didn't get my letter until last week.....That was the only communication that I had.

Comment

• Originally posted by SACTMD View Post
                                About how long after the psych profile did you get your letter of completion?

It will just be the letter of completion.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X