Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure it's still at 40

Comment

• Hey I was always wondering this but if you have your fire one and two do they still make u take the tests for both those certs

Comment

• Yes all recruits do all the same fire skills testing regardless of certs.

Comment

• Ok thanks for the info

Comment

• Did Fairfax change their recruitment process recently? I've passed the written and turned in my CPAT letter from another county, so I assumed next would be a polygraph, but the Governmentjobs.com status that they hammered into us at the orientation as the reference for our current application status reads "medical exam." Should I call and ask or has this been everyone else's experience as well?

Comment

• From my understanding, after the CPAT there is no set order of tests. It has to due with appointment availability and if you're coming from out of state.

Comment

• There is no order in the next steps of the process. If your out of state they will do all 3 over the span of 3 days.

Comment

• Great, thanks for the quick replies. I'll just continue to stand by until they contact me for scheduling then.

Comment

• Hey just a heads up for anybody I live in PA and I did not do the medical
                    Poly and psych in 3 days they still spread it out for me between April June and July

Comment

• Anyone know if the calls are still going out for the September class? And I was reading the previous posts about the size of the class but the numbers mentioned vary. Any updates? Thanks in advance for the information!

Comment

• I believe they are working on filling a few more spots as of last week.

Comment

• Thank you much for the info!

Comment

• I just finished the process last week. Haven't received a completion letter yet, but the psychologist said he was giving me a recommendation in my favor. I started a medic class as well in the beginning of August...other than that is there anything I can do to get my name out there for an upcoming academy? Or should I finish the class and then try?

Comment

• Unfortunately, after you complete the process and receive your letter, it's pretty much a waiting game for up to two years. Occasionally following-up with recruitment can possibly be beneficial. Getting a Paramedic certification will definitely help increase your chances (I'm not sure about Intermediates since the county doesn't recognize incoming I's as ALS any longer.

And to everyone who's curious, I heard February is the next class after September.

Comment

• I've always wondered but does anybody know like how many people on average that makes it through the recrutment process or at least the percentage of people who make it through. I did hear though that 95% fail the polygraph not to sure on that number though

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X