No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rumors are flying about classes. I have heard one large class to even two classes coming up.

As far as the poly goes don't sweat it if you have to do two. Just go in just as confident as the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FF001 View Post
      Does anyone know if they have announced the start date of the next fire class?

I heard they were going to put two through?
      I know at my medical exam, the reception told me they were backed up with candidates. So I'm assuming however they do the next class, they have a ton of people to process through. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for September.

Comment

• I emailed recruiting to find out my status and I was told any Polys beyond August have not been scheduled. Not sure what that means but I figure I would share it.

Comment

• Took my written for FF/EMT today. There was only about 50 people. Do they stagger the test days?

Comment

• Yes in the past they will do 3-4 test days with the amount of people at each varying.

Comment

• Originally posted by blachatch View Post
              Yes in the past they will do 3-4 test days with the amount of people at each varying.
              blachatch . what station did you get assigned to after graduation.? Also congratulations.
              Last edited by tiller1; 07-11-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• So after reading a ton of the past posts, is it safe to assume phone calls for the fall class should go out 3-4 weeks in advance? I know there's so much speculation regarding the fall, hope it works out for everyone! Also, I finished the process back in May without any issues, would someone like that be in the running for a hopeful phone call? or are there too many people completed before me to think this close into the future? Stay safe.

Comment

• So I'm gonna hopefully finish up the process tommorow with the psych test. I only had to do one poly so I'm wondering how good my chances may be if they are holding a September class to get picked for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    So I'm gonna hopefully finish up the process tommorow with the psych test. I only had to do one poly so I'm wondering how good my chances may be if they are holding a September class to get picked for it.
                    Good luck on the poly

Comment

• Originally posted by stupidflanders View Post
                      So after reading a ton of the past posts, is it safe to assume phone calls for the fall class should go out 3-4 weeks in advance? I know there's so much speculation regarding the fall, hope it works out for everyone! Also, I finished the process back in May without any issues, would someone like that be in the running for a hopeful phone call? or are there too many people completed before me to think this close into the future? Stay safe.
                      Yes calls are usually made from 4 weeks out all the way up to a few days before the class starts. I don't think there is a date yet but September sounds like it's set in stone.

Big numbers are still expected. I'm not sure if they will break it up into two classes or one large one.

Comment

• I just got an offer for a sept 24th class. I have been on the waiting list almost 2 years now.

Comment

• Well I guess that confirms a class in September I just did my psych eval on Tuesday and passed so hopefully I end up being selected for the class cause it sounds like they are trying to fill spots cause it sounds like it's going to be a big class

Comment

• I was told approximately 140.

Comment

• 140? Is that a typo? I heard 30-ish.

Comment

• Last number I had confirmed was 70 for September, but like blachatch said, I have heard that September will be a large number. Congrats to everyone who got the call and good luck to those waiting.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X