fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See this link: - http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/recruitment/

They are taking applications from MAY 17 THROUGH MAY 23, 2014.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• Fairfax County is taking applications for 1 week only!!!

See the link I provided above. ^ ^ ^ ^

Comment

• The time is getting short if you have not applied for a job with Fairfax County, VA!!!

Get you application in TODAY!!!

Comment

• CaptOldTer
          Do you know how many they are hiring?

I'm still in the process from the last announcement.

Thanks sir.

Comment

• Not sure about how many are being hired.. But there is a fall class for sure coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by blachatch View Post
              Not sure about how many are being hired.. But there is a fall class for sure coming up.
              Okay thanks!

Comment

• Nupe08 have you finished the hiring process? Pm me if you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by blachatch View Post
                  Nupe08 have you finished the hiring process? Pm me if you have.
                  Not yet. I took my polygraph on Thursday. I believe I just have the psych test left.

Comment

• A fall class? That's good news. Been eligible since October. Medic too....

Comment

• Is there anyone currently on fairfax County that could PM have some questions about the dept. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by jjkfirefighter19 View Post
                        Is there anyone currently on fairfax County that could PM have some questions about the dept. thanks
                        Ask me anything you want. I don't want to be too specific, but I've been in the department between five and ten years, and I'm a medic.

Comment

• The last academy class was over 50 people, maybe 60, and they had to divide the class into 136 A and B. The B recruits already had fire certs, so they have an abbreviated academy. I don't see another class of 50+ coming through again, because a fair number of those recruits were hired with grant money. Historically, two classes a year of approx. 25-30, but prior to 2009, there were overlapping recruit schools, with as much as four per year.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I applied as a medic and wondering how stable the dept is doing? Also if your medic what decides if your on the box or engine company?

Comment

• This thread sure has gotten quiet over the months. Does that mean not as many people are applying as in previous years?

Also is it true there is a large wave of retirements coming up?

Comment

• Hi all, newbie here.

Thank you all for good information that has been shared already.

I received a letter of completion a few weeks ago and was reminded of the 24-month hiring pool period. Does anyone know if the department actually have held candidates for that long and let them go? And from your collective experience and knowledge, what is the typical wait time (if there is such) once someone is in the hiring pool?

Thank you all in advance for letting me pick your brains!
                                Last edited by kleenex; 06-28-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X