Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tucker9
    Just got scheduled for the medical test on Friday. Besides the physical, what else should I expect?
    I guarantee it will be the best physical you ever recieve, that is until you get hired... then it will be your annual physical. Blood work, urine test, Stress test, PFT, vision, depth perception, color recognition, normal physical stuff (vitals, reflex, hernia, etc).

Hopefully Fargo will let you know, because I can't remember everything I had!

Good luck... study hard for the urine test!
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo2722
      Doing my Medical tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know. Stress test, blood work, PFT? i'm guessing. . . .
      Thanks Fargo, I'll check in before I go on Friday and see if you've posted.

Comment

Fairfax Co. employment

I passed the written test back in feb and i'am supposed to go down for the cpat in may but i'm not sure if my wife and i can afford to live down there it really sucks.

Comment

Housing

A couple of resources that could help:

http://www.apartmentguide.com/

Apartment guide is on-line and publishes a hefty book that you can find in most of the local grocery stores. You can order a copy from the website for $5 - ask for the northern Virginia book.

http://www.rentnet.com/apartments/home.jhtml?lnksrc=ts5

The cheaper apartments rent for $700/month and, like most of the affordable housing in the DC area, in neighborhoods heavy with newly arrived immigrants. We have a large group from central South America. If you are looking for a vibrant, multicultural experience . . .

The majority of the firefighters do NOT live in Fairfax County. There is no residency requirement. When I worked at the Tyson's station the crew came from Delaware, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Washington DC.

The metro DC area has the highest percentage of dual-income families, both spouses have jobs.

Comment

housing

where do you think the best/safest place to raise a child is near fairfax co do you have any suggestions? i'm from VT so it is pretty calm up here country setting
            Last edited by bpalmer6417; 04-19-2006, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bpalmer6417
              where do you think the best/safest place to raise a child is near fairfax co do you have any suggestions? i'm from VT so it is pretty calm up here country setting
              The "best" place may be based on your impression of the school system. Staying within Virginia you will notice that Prince William and Loudoun counties are right next to Fairfax.

They both have the challenge of exploding communities that overtax their infrastructure. With each county line you cross, the community becomes more rural. When you come down for the CPAT, ask the parents that are working the test.

Comment

medical exam

hey, im scheduled for my medical exam soon and i was wondering if anybody can tell me what to expect exactly this way im not going in the dark, thanks

Comment

Look a couple messages up (#91) for the scoop on the medical.

Good luck!

Comment

medical

hi , i noticed some posts here on the medical but i was wondering if someone could tell me some specifics. does this test include how many sit ups, push ups bench press etc, or is it majority a medical physical and your backround health. thank so much

Comment

• I recently applied and received a letter of acceptance for the written exam. Does Fairfax run continuous recruitment and simply places passing personnel on a wait list? Or, are there current openings?

Thanks for any assistance.
                      Local 2068

Comment

• Originally posted by cd3d211
                        hi , i noticed some posts here on the medical but i was wondering if someone could tell me some specifics. does this test include how many sit ups, push ups bench press etc, or is it majority a medical physical and your backround health. thank so much
                        The medical exam does not include push ups, sit ups, bench press or the like. It is strictly a medical physical.

Originally posted by HenryChan
                        Does Fairfax run continuous recruitment and simply places passing personnel on a wait list? Or, are there current openings?
                        Fairfax County is presently running about 4 schools per year and as soon as you are out of school, you are on the street!

Good luck.

Comment

• Testing in June

Well, I just found this thread tonight, and I got a letter this week, for the written in June. I have been a volunteer for 9 years, and just separated from the military 3 weeks ago. I am looking forward to coming down and testing, and hopefully achieving my end result of a career firefighter. Best of luck to all of you guys still working hard on getting there...Z

Comment

• Well folks i got the call today from the captain inviting me to the next recruit school. IT begins June 26. it feels great to have my dream fulfilled through hard work and determination. i have been in the process since august and even though thats not as long as some other people have been in the process it seemed like an eternity to me. so im here to tell each and everyone of you to stick with it and never lose faith or confidence and you'll get that call too!
                            Motivation, Education, Dedication

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavyrescue02
                              Well folks i got the call today from the captain inviting me to the next recruit school. IT begins June 26. it feels great to have my dream fulfilled through hard work and determination. i have been in the process since august and even though thats not as long as some other people have been in the process it seemed like an eternity to me. so im here to tell each and everyone of you to stick with it and never lose faith or confidence and you'll get that call too!
                              Congratulations! I'll see you on July 3...

Comment

• Junes Rookie Class

I myself also got the phone calll from Capt. P. I accepted the offer for June's class. I would like to set up a meeting spot somewhere in Fairfax, before the June 26th start date, so some of us can get together before we start our trainning. Tell me what you think?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X