No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any idea when in 2013 they plan on hiring? I'm partially through the process now, I had a pretty good test score and passed the CPAT, but I'm waiting on the Poly/Medical/Psych stuff.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next academy is supposed to start?

Comment

• Not until 2013, but no idea when exactly

Comment

• Are they still big on NREMT-Paramedics? It used to be a golden ticket, as long as your background was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by marbuckle
            When did you your process get put on hold?
            Uh...I passed the CPAT in February, and they said "We'll be in contact with you...its gonna be a few months before you hear anything."

Comment

• I am curious if anyone who has already taken the Medical Evaluation could enlighten me as to what the fitness Assessment portion of the medical evaluation entails. I know that the Exercise Stress test is a certain amount of time on a treadmill hooked up to a heart monitor. I am curious because the other department I have taken a medical eval for only had the exercise stress test because CPAT was used as their fitness assessment. Thank you for any information that can be provided!

Comment

• Anyone recently apply as a medic?

Comment

• I applied March or April 2011 - just got my completion letter last week.
                  Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Comment

• What does that mean? Finished everything? I'm about to fill out my app

Comment

• @fireguy,

You're right, treadmill and heart monitor for about 10 minutes are included. Other things include a urine test, blood test, chest xray, and a short interview with a MD. Generally, it's pretty low key if you're fit and in shape and don't have any serious medical conditions. I originally received a "Class C" rating because of my eye sight, but it's correctable to 20/20, so I got "Class A".

Also, forgot to mention they have you complete an at home colon cancer screening test..
                      Last edited by Asclepius; 06-01-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marbuckle
                        I did a few months ago.. Apply that is
                        Did your process also get put on hold?

Comment

• If you are looking for a personal trainer in the DC area that is specifically geared towards CPAT testing take a look at www.wildfireadventures.com. I ran the recruit training, CPAT testing and several other programs for Washington DCFD. DCFD does not currently have classes in session nor are we testing. I’ve tested several hundred applicants and know what is needed to pass the test. If you’re looking to get in shape or have a specific goal in mind such as CPAT take a look at the site. Training is done in College Park.

Comment

• Has anyone been hearing anything? I completed the process and was told my packet was complete and in the hiring pool in July, but nothing since then. Any word on the next class, when it will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Radams View Post
                              Has anyone been hearing anything? I completed the process and was told my packet was complete and in the hiring pool in July, but nothing since then. Any word on the next class, when it will be?
                              Buddy of mine just got picked up for a September class. He completed the process in February. I completed mine in May and have not heard anything, so probably gonna be Feb/March at the earliest, I would imagine.
                              Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Comment

• Is your buddy a medic?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse