No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around Feb for 133rd, they should let you know around Dec if you are picked or not. Don't know how many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suppressor View Post
      Around Feb for 133rd, they should let you know around Dec if you are picked or not. Don't know how many.
      word in the field is that its Jan. Average 22 weeks/6 months to graduate academy, and they need the academy to be cleared by july 1st for ground breaking and renovations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
        word in the field is that its Jan. Average 22 weeks/6 months to graduate academy, and they need the academy to be cleared by July 1st for ground breaking and renovations.
        What kind of upgrade are they doing? Is that why they are doing academy back-to-back? To cover for the down time during renovation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suppressor View Post
          What kind of upgrade are they doing? Is that why they are doing academy back-to-back? To cover for the down time during renovation?
          yes that is why they are doing concurrent classes. What I heard about upgrades, they are just renovating the academy classrooms and high bay area. Class A B burn buildings, USAR and fields are still going to be accessible.
          Last edited by jklm128; 10-23-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Finally, got my completion letter last week. Anyone here anything on when calls might be going out for the 133rd?

Comment

• sounds like December calls will go out

Comment

• when would the applicants who apply this application process be looking to start class summer of 2013.. ?
                -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

• Originally posted by LightandFight View Post
                  sounds like December calls will go out
                  December seems a little late for calls to go out. Looking back on the thread, the guys/gals that were accepted into the 132nd were called almost 3 months in advance. I hope they give a little more than a month notice!

Comment

• I agree with Xan. It should be this month. The last notifications were made during the first week of August for Octobers academy. I wouldn't be surprised if I read some "got the phone call" posts within the next few weeks here.

Comment

• I hope nobody takes this the wrong way....but how many of the folks here going through the current process are white males?

Comment

• Ya I hope we hear something soon and at least see someone post they received a phone call

Comment

• I just want to get a feel for how many on this thread are medics and when they received their completion letters. I completed the process as of 9/16/11.

Comment

• I received mine back in may and I am FF/Paramedic out in Chicagoland Area

Comment

• Originally posted by LightandFight View Post
                              I received mine back in may and I am FF/Paramedic out in Chicagoland Area
                              Got my letter in October and I am a Medic from Illinois.

Comment

• I got the phone call from Capt. H today! Anyone else?

Confirmed 15 ALS/15 BLS. Starting Feb. 27th.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X