Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard it was a medic class and they've been busy gettin it together.

Comment

• Whoa wait a minute. There's a new class in October?! Man I hope I make the cut. Good luck to all who applied. I'm a EMT-I and heard only P's are getting in lately.

Comment

• Good luck to all who applied and was accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by surgeo View Post
          Whoa wait a minute. There's a new class in October?! Man I hope I make the cut. Good luck to all who applied. I'm a EMT-I and heard only P's are getting in lately.
          One and the same, it's the 129th class thats beginning in the winter. Half the medics will go through the academy, and then to their respective stations for their medic internship with the county before the suppression portion of their class, where the entire class is there; all the medics and the emt's.

Comment

• Im going to FF this month for three days of testing because im from out of state. Does anyone how it works? Like what if you fail a test do they send you home? Because all of my tests are already scheduled. Also, does anyone have advice? Like, should I check out a station or not because im in the testing process? If any one could give me any insight it would be appreciated.

Comment

• The 129th just graduated this past Friday. They will enter their Paramedic Internship.

The 130th starts Oct 12th. The class is filled. Recruitment now will be for future classes.

Seems they are hiring only Paramedics at this time. This has been the case since the 127th.

As for failing a test...can't answer that. I passed them all the first time. You may be able to make an appeal. Again, I don't know for sure.

Comment

• Have the FFX physical exam next month. What can I expect from the fitness and exercise portion?? I have no Idea what they look for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slikrthnu View Post
                  Have the FFX physical exam next month. What can I expect from the fitness and exercise portion?? I have no Idea what they look for.

Look at this...... http://www.studyguidezone.com/cpattest.htm

It may answer some of your concerns.
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• Sorry, I meant medical. cpat was fun. Don't know why people stress out over that part.

Comment

• Looking Good

Heard from a good source fairfax has applied for the 2010 safer grant. This may mean the possibility of them hiring some firefighter EMT's . I also talked to Lt. Ray and she said that that they r looking to put in a class of ff/emt nect fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slikrthnu View Post
                        Sorry, I meant medical. cpat was fun. Don't know why people stress out over that part.
                        Vision, hearing, peak flow spirometry, blood work, pee test, fit test for the N95 and your SCBA facepiece, and a physical/ECG with the doc. Remember to bring your poop (hemoccult) cards.

It amazes me that many show up to the CPAT unprepared. Others still end up vomiting on the first academy run that's maybe a slow mile or two. I don't feel that showing up to testing and also the academy in top shape is asking too much, considering that it's a physical job that can take place in extreme conditions and all. The CPAT standards are low to begin with anyway, when compared to the actual demands of the job.
                        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by james077 View Post
                          Heard from a good source fairfax has applied for the 2010 safer grant. This may mean the possibility of them hiring some firefighter EMT's . I also talked to Lt. Ray and she said that that they r looking to put in a class of ff/emt nect fall.
                          They're going to need FF's at some point. The callback (OT) for FF's has been steadily increasing for some time. Up to a point, it's actually more cost effective to pay out OT rather than hire, due to the costs of fringe benefits, hiring and trainining for new recruits. But, they're going to be under headcount at some point, if not already. I asked one of my officers if there was a way to see the actual numbers regarding headcount at easch position. There is a resource for that. When I see them again, I'll try and find the info.
                          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• just got my email w/ my paper work for my cpat on Dec. 18th anyone get theres yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFEMTlieut804 View Post
                              just got my email w/ my paper work for my cpat on Dec. 18th anyone get theres yet?
                              Did my CPAT for them in the beginning of August....
                              FDNY Exam 2000
                              Score: 97

RFD
                              2012-2013 exam

Comment

• ya i didnt have to do the written just seeing if anybody else is going the 18th. did you get like 3 things you had to fill out?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X