• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safer grant

Has anyone heard the possibilty of FFR getting the safer grant

Comment

• Also tripped by Polygraph at Fairfax

Originally posted by Parrott911 View Post
      I completed the whole process last week and yes medics are what they r looking for. just word of advice. the poly is crazy. VA SETS THE BAR. I have taken many of them but be careful what you say. I did come back with a .01 % that i was lieing and was denied due to the report given by the person conducting the test. I completed every step in five long days just to get shut down so good luck guys.

Oh by the way: fairfax is looking for honest people not perfect people. hahah

I'm a 23 year old male FireFighter Paramedic from Columbus Ohio. I applied and went through the entire hiring process at Fairfax over a 3 day span. The only part that tripped me up, was also the Polygraph. I don't think I passed, even though I was 100% honest throughout the entire question and answer process. So Parrott, I completely know the feeling! I haven't received my letter telling whether I passed or failed, but I'm assuming if there is any doubt, they will bounce you out. This will eliminate many candidates, so that makes it easier for the hiring process. I'm disapointed, but life goes on! Good luck to everybody applying with Fairfax County, it's really awesome out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireMedic1987 View Post
        I'm a 23 year old male FireFighter Paramedic from Columbus Ohio. I applied and went through the entire hiring process at Fairfax over a 3 day span. The only part that tripped me up, was also the Polygraph. I don't think I passed, even though I was 100% honest throughout the entire question and answer process. So Parrott, I completely know the feeling! I haven't received my letter telling whether I passed or failed, but I'm assuming if there is any doubt, they will bounce you out. This will eliminate many candidates, so that makes it easier for the hiring process. I'm disapointed, but life goes on! Good luck to everybody applying with Fairfax County, it's really awesome out there.
        Don't count yourself out yet, if you did not feel mentally raped and violated after any poly, the guy on the otherside of the machine was not doing his job right.
        Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
        -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
        LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Originally posted by james077 View Post
          Has anyone heard the possibilty of FFR getting the safer grant
          I have ZERO details about it, but I can tell you that two years ago, the County Board of Supervisors did not like the strings attached to the SAFER grants.
          Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
          -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
          LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Originally posted by FireMedic1987 View Post
            I was honest myself. I went through two polys, and I was positive that I failed the second one. The admin. showed me three graphs with "deception" and asked me to explain. I couldn't, having been honest in the first place. The detective told me "The county really wants to hire you, if you can remember or think of en explanation for the deception, then call me, here's my card. I'm not giving up on this, please call." In hindsight, I feel that he made up those graphs and was hoping to trick me into a deception.

That was in June or July ('07) I think, and I didn't receive confirmation of successfully completing the process until maybe October or November.
            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrott911 View Post
              I completed the whole process last week and yes medics are what they r looking for. just word of advice. the poly is crazy. VA SETS THE BAR. I have taken many of them but be careful what you say. I did come back with a .01 % that i was lieing and was denied due to the report given by the person conducting the test. I completed every step in five long days just to get shut down so good luck guys.

Oh by the way: fairfax is looking for honest people not perfect people. hahah

Did you try any of those programs to help you with the poly? Like polygraph.com??

Comment

• Also does any one know how quickly the process will be for the FF/EMT positions? I will be in the paramedic academy soon and I don't want Fairfax to have tests and me not be able to go.

Comment

• I can't believe this hasn't hit the airwaves yet, but...

As many of you are aware the Recruitment Section has opened up the application process for the Firefighter/EMT position. This process has a closing date of June 25, 2010. Since the FRD has not had an open application process since 2008 many files have expired and there is the need to replenish them.

Please refer individuals to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department’s web site to complete an on line application. Every station has been sent paper copies of applications that can also be mailed to the 6th floor Recruitment Section.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr click on recruitment

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/jobs/l...sp?job=10-9015

Thank you very much.

Captain II Sheryl Hemingway
                  Recruitment
                  Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• ya i knew abt this after i talked to Capt. Hemingway a while back. just got my app. in. thanks for the info kobersteen

Comment

• The apps came to the station and they were gone by the end of the week, Joel

Did some CB a while back at the Wel-fit Center, some tips to you Johnny Bravos (gorilla arms with chimpanzee legs) work out your legs and core! the CPAT is easier than some of the other physical tests, doesn't mean its easy. As for interviews, I wasn't aware the department did an official board interview. They do however have an "interview" during your CPAT sessions just to go over your resume. Hope to see you all at the academy in Jan for the day 2 run.

Comment

• I sent in an application, too. Anyone know what's next?

Comment

• Emails were sent out for extra call back to proctor CPAT tests in a couple weeks, so next step would be a letter asking you to confirm dates for CPAT testing.

Comment

• One stop shopping for a "Pass the CPAT" program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCLxD3BI98

One week after doing a few seconds over 5:00 on our Work Performance Eval, I tried it. 1/2 lap in 18:00 and I was done. Two weeks later, one lap in 1/2 hour. I want to do the mile in under an hour and a half for my 35th birthday.

If that's not enough, you can add this in, and also try to get in a couple of hundred pullups a week however you can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-RM6ebuis :< )
                            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Quick Question about medicals (even though its a long way off)

How in-depth do they go with eye testing? I wear contacts and have for years, never had an issue with SCBA or anything, but without them, I am blind. Like -5 in each eye.
                              Would that be an issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
                                Quick Question about medicals (even though its a long way off)

How in-depth do they go with eye testing? I wear contacts and have for years, never had an issue with SCBA or anything, but without them, I am blind. Like -5 in each eye.
                                Would that be an issue?
                                They tested my vision corrected, as in with glasses. They test for glaucoma as well. As far as color, I couldn't see anything past the first two ink blots. No joke. For my pre hire physical, the nurse started pointing to objects around the room such as a yellow pencil, purple pen, etc. I was cracking up afterwards.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X